Chinese omnifuel stove *Pic heavy*

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Can anyone tell me if the fuel line is the same for gas and liquid fuel? The website only shows the one spare fuel line. Thanks.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I bought one of the self contained liquid fule stoves off that site the other week (TK111).

http://plus2city.com/plus2store/goods.php?id=57

Tested it out over the last weekend- absolutely great. Took a week and a half to arrive, in a nice zip up pouch, and works brilliantly. Surprisingly controllable as well. Just one thing to be aware of- once it's presurised, take care when unscrewing the fuel filler cap- it doesn't always seem to lose pressure gently, and once did so with a loud bang, firing the cap into my hand quite hard!

Generally great though, and produces results rapidly with a stove top expresso maker....

So I admit... I have succumbed to this thread...

Bought an Primus omnifuel (aaargh €$€$), altered it a bit and my "Blokker" (Lidl type of) Trangia clone too. Further testing coming weekend.

Burn gas (lpg), coleman fuel (and the like), diesel in one stove, swap for alcy. The pots already have been used on a wood fire during a canoe trip two weeks ago.

One fuel line, two 'nozzles', will try and take pics... or what will take more time even post the pics ;-)

Grtz Johan

Nika

Forager
May 23, 2009
England
This plus2city are they safe to deal with, just bought a stove and few other bits, made payment got email from paypal saying payment made, but status on plus2city site cliams unpaid?

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
I think, but am not 100% sure, that I had a similar thing happen to me.

I didn't have a problem with my order it arrived in about a week and a half.

ATB

Sep 17, 2010
Glasgow
I ordered a stove from them over a week ago its still to ship, they keep asking me to confirm my shipping address which I've done three times :0( bit worried.

Rob

Nika

Forager
May 23, 2009
England
I ordered a stove from them over a week ago its still to ship, they keep asking me to confirm my shipping address which I've done three times :0( bit worried.

Rob

My order was placed on the 17th and the status now says preparing, even though I have an email from the seller claiming my goods would have been shipped on Monday 20th, I no longer get replys to emails from them, I am not over fussed about the money only spent £65 I just wanted the goods as it was a good deal or could have been.

Sep 17, 2010
Glasgow
My order was placed on the 17th and the status now says preparing, even though I have an email from the seller claiming my goods would have been shipped on Monday 20th, I no longer get replys to emails from them, I am not over fussed about the money only spent £65 I just wanted the goods as it was a good deal or could have been.

My order had changed to shipped, will post if it arrives. I was same about £65. If not it will be onto paypal before the times up.

Rob

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I for one will be interested to see if it turns up ( I hope it does ) as i was just about to place an order before I saw your post.
Fingers Crossed.

Nika

Forager
May 23, 2009
England
I got my gear today even though the site still shows as ( Shipping status: Preparing ) anyone else that buys one of these check you have both lid bolts before throwing away the bag.

The stove is decent happy enough with it, I think maybe I flooded it on first lite was making a video of it and for the first 20 secs or so I could not record as the flame was a good 3 foot high, anyway here is link to vid if anyone wants to see it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62pG_QE7HW0

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
Diesel fuel should be used as a last resort (Optimus and Primus say so ), it really does clog up the jets of the stove(s).

This stove will burn paraffin and Coleman type fuel (again, car petrol additives are not good for you or the stove). My only concerns with these stoves is the quality of the fuel line, nowhere near as good as the Omnifuel line or the Nova line (hence why I said take a spare) and I'm not sure what jets are compatible with it; I'll strip mine down and have a play to see what fits.

Still great value for money.

The advice I got when I got my MSR Dragonfly years ago about Petrol was that most (all?) Petrol you were likely to get had cleaning agents that if left in the tubes after use could start to corrode them so if using regular petrol for a period then to flush out with Coleman fuel before packing the lot away.

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
The stove is decent happy enough with it, I think maybe I flooded it on first lite was making a video of it and for the first 20 secs or so I could not record as the flame was a good 3 foot high, anyway here is link to vid if anyone wants to see it in action.
e.com/watch?v=62pG_QE7HW0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62pG_QE7HW0[/URL]

that's called priming the jets :)

Try this. Turn the fuel on and set light to it. Give it a few seconds then turn it off completely and let the fuel burn almost down. At this point the metal should be hot enough to vaporise the fuel properly so turn the fuel on again and you should have the proper jet without as much dramatic effect.

Reactions: Nika

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE