Chinese "Booster" multi-fuel stove (a brief review)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have been looking at these as well, it says that deisel can be used as well, has anyone tryed deisel in one yet as if its ok , then better then carrying around an other fuel, I want it to go in the back of my Disco, and come out for cuppa's when I am out and about.

I have taken the plunge a couple of weeks ago... Its just arrived, first impresions are that it good for the money, just got to get out and use it :)

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Having just got mine, and tried it once with gas and once with petrol, I'm very happy.
However, the instruction sheet has suffered a little in translation and I'm not entirely sure what type of "lube" I should be using for the pump. I want to preserve the O-ring, not trash it. Does it mean petroleum jelly? Is it that simple?

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Having just got mine, and tried it once with gas and once with petrol, I'm very happy.
However, the instruction sheet has suffered a little in translation and I'm not entirely sure what type of "lube" I should be using for the pump. I want to preserve the O-ring, not trash it. Does it mean petroleum jelly? Is it that simple?

Graphited grease is better, but basically don't allow the O ring to dry and split.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Not petroleum jelly. Silicon gel is fine, I use a bit of olive oil.

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Thanks Widu & Rik, I appreciate the experts opinions. And imagine the problems I'd hit if I'd tried to Google "lube"....

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Wonder if anyone more knowledgeable than me might help. I have one of these stoves but never yet used it other than just playing in the garden trying it out. As I've sold my MSR Windpro, ill be using it much more, especially towards the winter.

I have run it briefly on canisters and on Panel wipe but not changed the jet- it seams to work ok- should I be changing the jet between these fuels, or is one for thicker fuels such as paraffin or kerosene?

Cheers in advance

KP

Ps- apologies for hijacking the thread!

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... I have one of these stoves ... I have run it briefly on canisters and on Panel wipe but not changed the jet- it seams to work ok- should I be changing the jet between these fuels, or is one for thicker fuels such as paraffin or kerosene?

Paraffin and kerosene (and jet fuel) are all the same thing as far as your stove is concerned. I don't have this particular model of stove but if it runs OK on paraffin as it is then don't mess with it. I would expect it to run marginally better on paraffin with a smaller jet, something like 3/4 the diameter of nozzle. The jets are small, fiddly to change, easily damaged (as are the threads on the stove itself) and easily lost. I have an Optimus Nova which is a true multi-fuel stove and I wouldn't dream of changing the jet for a different fuel.

Paraffin is probably cheaper than any other fuel but it's a bit smelly and not always as easily found as petrol if you're looking for fuel when you've run out. If your stove runs OK on panel wipe I'd say stick with that.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Cheers, I have no plan to run it on anything other than panel wipe or Aspen T4 and butane/isobutane canisters TBH, just wanting to make sure I shouldn't be changing the jet when swapping between the above fuels.

Many thanks bud.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Some do but you need to change the generator to a kero one. they are readily available I have some knocking about. I'll check which stove does kero when i get home if nobody speaks up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE