Cheshire/North West

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I'm not too far away along with some other Midlands based people. As ever it would depend on other commitments but in principle...great...

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I will have a word with the warden at a scout camp near Delamere this weekend to sound him out, unless anyone has a better place?
It has woods,a lake, and big camp fire circles, you can have altar fires anywhere else though.

#Altar fire; In a half barrel off the ground

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Not a meet up as such, but there is a free open day at the Norley Tree Nursery this Sunday. It is run by the BTCV and will include woodland walks, willow weaving and a wildflower workshop.
It is on between 1000 and 1600 at fingerpost lane norley http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=691
I am going to try to make it but I wont know until the day for sure. It looks like it could be informative for me as I am just learning about plants and their uses so a guided walk will be good.
If I make it see you there.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
AJB said:
I’m curious!

No comment :D

Seriously, might this be a good chance to actually meet up, get to learn a few faces, networky sort of thing.

Might actually result in us really organising a "proper" meetup. Can't let these Suvverners keep hogging the limelight.

Any others? Recognisable features of those who'll go? Apart from patchy body hair... :eek:

Anyone?

Jim.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I know, but there is an element of Groucho in me – I wouldn’t be a member of a club that would accept me (paraphrased) :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Typical, I'm moving out of the north west and there's people wanting to get together!! Good on you lads, I hope that it goes well for you :D

L

linstead

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while but thought I'd come out of the undergrowth for this one. I'm in Liverpool and would definitely be interested in a North West meet-up, walk in the woods or whatever.

Conor

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
AJB said:
I know, but there is an element of Groucho in me – I wouldn’t be a member of a club that would accept me (paraphrased) :D

Ditto. We could blackball one-another :cool:

I definitely think we should gather together in an enormous band to expand our solitary enjoyment of the wild and empty places :D :D :D

Goose, what say we meet up at this BTCV do on Sunday and see if we can set the ball rolling...

Any particular time? I'd favour post noon (idle Sunday morning bloke) but otherwise owt.

Jim.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
JimH said:
Ditto. We could blackball one-another :cool:

I definitely think we should gather together in an enormous band to expand our solitary enjoyment of the wild and empty places :D :D :D

Goose, what say we meet up at this BTCV do on Sunday and see if we can set the ball rolling...

Any particular time? I'd favour post noon (idle Sunday morning bloke) but otherwise owt.

Jim.

The BCTV thing was a one off really, will keep an eye for something similar. It looks like we could get a few together somewhere, anyone got ideas places?

For me, for a day, Delamere would be easiest and a weekend/overnight at the scout camp.

As a first get together it may be best to meet at an already established event, such as a forestry commission walk, as an intro to each other, does anyone know of anything suitable?

Not sure about this blackballing thing though, I thought the secret sign was the shaved arm?..

ps AJB, if it makes you feel better you wouldn't be welcome. :p

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
....Except it was last month, I should check my posts more often

Bwaahahahahaha!!

Best look for summat else then...

Jim.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
“ps AJB, if it makes you feel better you wouldn't be welcome. ”

Thanks for the disinterest guys, I really appreciate it. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy, a bit like the flu.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE