Cherry spoon

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I got volunteered to make a spoon for another of the other halfs friends and just by chance at the same time received a few rings if cherry. I must admit this is probably my favourite so far and probably my quickest Finish. When it dried it twisted and I wasnt sure if to leave it for a bit of character or re shape it as to the non carving folk they may have just thought I done a shoddy job..... I straightened it and couldnt beleive how ridiculously hard it became! Its about 12" long.

Im going to start charging for this privilege soon!!! LOL

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Thanks for all the nice comments, I tried to get the yellow/red divide down the middle of the handle but when I got over excited with the hatchet I had to move it over a bit. You can just see a smidge of it on the end of the handle in the second picture. Also for some reason when I was trying to slow the drying out in a bag of chippings the yellow bit turned orange but when I carved all that off, back to yellow and left it on the side in the kitchen it hardly changed colour again? The oil definitely brought out the grain!

It has been nicknamed the rhubarb & custard spoon! :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE