Cheap Smock from Endicotts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
Really like the look of this Anorak! Traditional design, and the fabric should be pretty hard wearing.

Wondering about the hood. It seems it could easily be modified by putting a wire in it, and sewing velcro around the edges one could attatch(sp?) fur and have a good winter smock.

Probably going to order this later this autumn.

Anyone have pics of the green one which i am considering?

Best Regards
:You_Rock_

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just purchased a OD smock. I wasn't sure if the size would be ok but thankfully when I tried it on I'm glad I went for the medium. Anyhow I was speaking with Kevin at Endicotts and he was saying that the smocks will be put up by four pounds after the current batch sell out, so you may want to get in quick if you want a bargain.

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=105&products_id=886

I popped into Endicott's and was LENT one to try out after it has been Cotton Proofed. I will write a review when I have done this. Just would like to be up front that I have been LENT it and not bought it and will be giving it back so no one thinks I have been bribed :eek:

Having said that - if it is half as good any everyone says and the cotton proofing works well then I'll be buying one too!

LBL

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Ah that's handy I have a pouch of Tech Wash just need to get hold of the other stuff. Let me know how it goes? Thanks.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I just thought of something: The Endicotts smock could easily be proofed with Fjallraven's G1000 wax. I'm not a fan of Nixwax as I don't particularly like their formula. Stormproofing works better I think, and the G1000 wax is even better.

Adam

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Dagnabbit I went to use the Nikwax Tech Wash on my smock and found out I actually had Nikwax TX Direct. But as luck would have it Nikwax are running a competition where if you answer some questions right they will send you a pouch of Tech Wash and I managed to win myself one, result.

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/webquiz/index.php

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I was just wondering what the point of a smock is? I've never seen one, and don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Is the idea that it's a hard wearing sweatshirt, like combat trousers for the upper body? If they're not waterproof, then it's hardly a kind of coat; not with the summer we're having!

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
Fair point philaw. For me it dispenses with at least one of my fleeces and a old Barbour that has far to much wear and tear and can almost take itself for a walk.

It's warm, heavy showerproof once nikwax'd, and to a point breathable. Don't tend to get too sweaty in it and takes a bit of a beating. So far it's bean up a couple of munros, shot some pigeons and bunnies, and walked the dogs into the ground and still I can't find a major fault with it. And at that money if your not happy it's not a great loss.

Dec 16, 2007
Just spoken to the man at Endicotts. I have got the last green smock that they had and that was the one from the window. They do have all sizes in the stone colour left but what they have in stock is all you will get there will be NO stock coming in from the supplier this side of christmas.

Off topic he did tell me that they have a meal deal of kit.

1 hooped gore tex bivi
1 58 poncho
1 Stowaway shirt
1 PLCE compatible bag

RRP £270

all going for £59 this is for one month only.

I have no connection or getting any commission from Endicotts they are just nice people.

Swampy.

Dec 16, 2007
LEt us know as I am thinking of getting the set myself. Even though he told me yesterday a helicopter was landing outside the crew room I was in on the airbase I was at so may have missheard.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just spoken to the man at Endicotts. I have got the last green smock that they had and that was the one from the window. They do have all sizes in the stone colour left but what they have in stock is all you will get there will be NO stock coming in from the supplier this side of christmas.

Off topic he did tell me that they have a meal deal of kit.

1 hooped gore tex bivi
1 58 poncho
1 Stowaway shirt
1 PLCE compatible bag

RRP £270

all going for £59 this is for one month only.

I have no connection or getting any commission from Endicotts they are just nice people.

Swampy.

Right. I have popped in and checked the veracity (nice word!) of this information. It is indeed true. I have also had a look at the products in this 'meal deal'. I have considered this at some length and I am going to embargo my thoughts on whether this is a good deal (and the quality of the items in the deal etc) for the time being until I know it is all confirmed 'in stock'. Bear with me for a couple of days and then I'll give you the low-down guys. You will all be the first to know.

Dec 16, 2007
outstanding. if you can get pictures that would be great as I am thinking of going for the deal. Some bits maybe Ebayed as I dont need a poncho or shirt.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Spoke to Kevin and he has confirmed this deal although it will not start until he receives the stock which could be next week.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE