cheap roll film cameras

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
went along to my local car boot this morning, well you never know. :) im used to seeing the old roll film cameras going for silly money, but i was surprised to see 2 canon eos 650's with 28-70 lenses going for a tenner each! even if the body was iffy the lens were worth more than that surely? when i was into photography, i used to drool over those canons! such a shame eh?

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My local smack sorry Cash Generator had four of five camera's and lenses on offer for silly cheap money recently and Walters Photo shop has closed :(

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I've got my dads OM2N with motorwind, Olympus flash, original lenses and loads of extras... The shutter sticks with lack of use and hence, I can't give it away! Its worth keeping to rig up as an artwork copier I reckon :) but sad to see quality engineering that's redundant :)

Did you invest then Steve?!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
There is still a bit of cash for the right gear. Last year I sold my Pentax Spotmatic body for around £140 and the 4 lense I had ( all pentax ones) went for £200ish.

Biker

Funny this thread should appear, I sold my Olympus OM10 yesterday at a boot fair along with colour filters etc, flash guns for the princely sum of €15. I know I could have got more on ebay if I tried but I couldn't be hassled with it all. Plus I'm doing a brutal downsize of my junk at the moment and just didn't want to haul it around anymore if and when I move house again.

Today I went to see a mate over here and he's given me his Practica 35mm SLR camera with telephoto, wide angle and zoom lens to sell for him at the next boot fair I go to.

You're right about them being unloved, kinda sad but digital cameras are so much more versatile making 35mm cameras a dinosaur in comparison.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
The lenses should still fit, I've a 75-300mm af canon lens from a film camera that works with a 350d.

I did look into early digital backs for film SLR's, they were cheap as chips compared to when new but were only 0.5mp and weighed 1.2kg!!

N

Nomad

Earlier Canon manual focus FD mount lenses won't fit the DSLRs, but the lenses on the EOS autofocus film cameras will (EF mount).

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Try looking on ebay to see what they sell for.

AF film cameras do net sell as well as MF cameras The Oly OM2n is worth something especially the lenses. The OM10 not so much realy.

People still buy film cameras I bought an Olympus 35-SP rangefinder recently for £100.

35-SP by alf.branch, on Flickr

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
The Oly OM2n is worth something especially the lenses.
Good news! It was a damn good camera back in the day and getting a film camera for artwork is preferable to the digitals... as if I could afford one anyhow ;)... I've just been given my grandfathers wartime scrapbook of his cartoons- he was very good :)- so I'd love to get them photographed and sent out to all his dreaded descendants :) Bilmos link gives me a quandry with the lenses though, keep as they are or convert to use....hmmmmmmm....

I did a bit of research when the shutter stuck and apparently the 2N was the first motherboarded back but it's supposed to be the devil to get in to the shutter because the mobo is mounted directly behind the back and has to be removed to get in to clean and unstick it.... I'm girding my loins to attack the job but in the meantime, its another UFO (UnFinishedObject)

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
rangefinders still sell well and there are a few film fanatics out there still i've got a zorki 4k, argus c3, yashica 35 gsn all in 35mm and a yashica 635 tlr that I use for medium format (has a 35mm adaptor as well).

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Bilmos link gives me a quandry with the lenses though, keep as they are or convert to use....hmmmmmmm....

As I understand it, Sal, the only mods are to the plastic dust cap which fits on the camera end of the lens. You can pick these caps up for pence or less. There used to be a gadget available (one of those Sunday supplement offers IIRC) which was a telescope eyepiece made up with the lens fitting of your choice.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Good news! It was a damn good camera back in the day and getting a film camera for artwork is preferable to the digitals... as if I could afford one anyhow ;)... I've just been given my grandfathers wartime scrapbook of his cartoons- he was very good :)- so I'd love to get them photographed and sent out to all his dreaded descendants :) Bilmos link gives me a quandry with the lenses though, keep as they are or convert to use....hmmmmmmm....

I did a bit of research when the shutter stuck and apparently the 2N was the first motherboarded back but it's supposed to be the devil to get in to the shutter because the mobo is mounted directly behind the back and has to be removed to get in to clean and unstick it.... I'm girding my loins to attack the job but in the meantime, its another UFO (UnFinishedObject)

Can't you scan them?

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Unfortunately they're too big, the imperial size of A3 in an old scrapbook which I really don't want to bend around too much :( I should ask the local meeters, see if anyone has access to a larger scanner :)

Hmmmm again, Ian, I'd read it quickly and assumed they meant gluing the fitting ring... that wouldn't be too bad, in fact I bet I could get aftermarket caps and save the genuine equipment ones :)

Last edited:

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Try Luton cameras for a quote to repair it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE