Cheap Maxpedition Fatboy clones £10 !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Check these out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110229518326&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1123

AS205.jpg

Works out at £10.67 delivered. I got a couple and they're good kit and a fraction of the cost of Maxpedition ones. The seller also does Camelbak type hydration packs and everything. The one downside is that his delivery is a bit slow, but if your in no hurry...Job done !!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have one of those in German Flecktarn. A good bag for a bimble with brew kit!

Shoulderbagopen.jpg

Shoulderbag-Closed.jpg

I carry my Crusader cook kit & FAK in mine with room to spare.

A well made piece of kit IMHO.

Simon

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Just ordered a couple on your recomendation! Can't really go wrong at that price wanted a maxipedition for ages but couldn't justufy the price.

Are they excact copies, e.g same dimensions and materials. They'll make a good little bimble bag when out and about.

Thanks very much for the heads up. :)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I just got the Response Pack clone from the same seller, worked out something like £9.46
delivered. Very well made and only took about 12 days to get here. - I've just got to pack it now!
Dave

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
I was thinking it looked a fair bit smaller than the fat boy, doesn't look like it would take a hobo, as th 58 pattern pretty much seems to fill it.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I got one of the versipack/snugpack clones a while ago and found they where a lot smaller than the originals but for the cash I could not complain. Well made and delivered in a couple of weeks. I have held off buying the fatboy clone due to the size difference on the snugpack but I might have to have another look.

Greg

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I have an original Fatboy and I have to say that that bag is identical judging by the photos. I don't know how the quality compares but the price is incredibly low.

You all might want to buy one quick before Maxpedition try to sue them. But seeing that they are based in China that might be difficult. :cool:

Does anybody have both bags to compare the quality?

I'd be interested in a clone of one of the larger "Gearslingers" if there's one out there.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I bought a Transformer Tactical Shoulder Go Pack Bag from the site. While the quality of the bag itself seems really good, you have to be careful with the zips ( definitely not YKK ) as mine burst very easily when the bag was slightly overloaded. Very cheap though, and arrived in 10 - 12 days.

Bozle

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2006
Kent
This seller here's got a few more types of knocked off packs as well as the fatboys and response packs;
http://stores.ebay.com/eHobby-Asia-..._W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2625989QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Cumbrian hows your go pack working out? The zips on mine split at first, wrapping garden wire through the material and round both sets of teeth at the ends of each zipper seems to have solved this. Apart from that mine took a few trips to work out how to pack the main compartment comfortably, but otherwise its great for that fine line between carryability and accessibility.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE