Cheap Line Markers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I'd have thought that a betalight would be cheaper in the long run, and certainly more robust, convenient and reliable.

Here's an example, just a random search engine result, I bet you can get them cheaper than this.

http://www.inovatech.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=50

The brightness will halve approximately every 12.3 years as the radioactive content decays, so the typical useful lifetime of these things is a quarter of a century.

It's a continuous light, you can't turn it off to save power for example, and if you wanted to go 'tactical' you'd have to put it in your pack or something.

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
if you google "LED Throwies" you'll find a few links to similar projects, they first emerged online as a means of urban pranking and grafiti!

You could evolve the design by fitting a light dependant resistor so they only come on at night, then with a bit of duct tape to seal it, they'd last for ages.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE