Cheap-ish "tarp"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
Ok, I should start by saying I'm in France, so for all I know none of this applies or is available anywhere but here for reasonable prices, but I figure it probably is, so it's worth posting.

I've been looking for a cheap tarp for a bit, for kipping out under when I'm canoeing/biking/cycling. I'd glanced at recommendations on here, but I always prefer to handle the good before I buy, so options were limted to Decathlon, or Decathlon.

This morning I was wandering round the supermarket where they're beginning to get their garden furniture in and I spotted their parasols. These are sold over here as a frame and separate fabric. The fabrics available range from cheap polyester, through poly-cotton to thick canvas and the prices start from about £7.

So I bought an £9 poly-cotton rectangular umbrella cover it's 2m x 3m and shaped into a flat pyramid.

3390500069742_zoom.jpg

I'm hoping it'll make a decent shelter tilted to one side, pole in the centre and either poles on two corner, or paracord to trees/bike/ground etc. I've go a smaller round umbrella out of the same fabric and I've sheltered under it in foul weather with no leaks before. I'll let you know when I get things set up and post up some photos.

So it might be something to look out for, down the garden centre, or even at your local tip (a lot seem to get dumped at the beginning and end of the summer).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE