Cheap "go to" gear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Hultafors Heavy Duty Carbon Steel Bushcraft Knife

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/hultafors-heavy-duty-carbon-steel-bushcraft-knife-3770-p.asp

Cheapest decent looking knife I could find, great piece of kit, always comes with me when I am out and gets loads of use at home too.

Alex

There was a link on a thread either here or on SOTP where this knife was £5 new.

I value my Ray Mears Mora clipper knife for a tenner. I'm so impressed I have two SS and 2 Carbon!

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
crusader style mug for me (i have the full stove) but the mug is dead handy to just rest on embers for brewing up / small cooking collecting berries just brilliant really

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
My keys. I always have them with me.

I have my car and door keys attached to a True utility keyring

There is also a True utility fire stash lighter, a Swiss-Tech utili-key, a Niteize zipit light , a large dog lead clip and a large Bison stash container with a mini survival kit inside.

None of it is expensive but it is all used daily because its there.

I also always carry a Maserin Zuava folder and a Nitecore D11 v2 torch. Again small but used cos they live in
my other pocket.

Two pockets of stuff that can cope with most of what the outdoors (and indoors) can throw at me with a little applied knowledge.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE