Cheap Frost's knives at Axminster Tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
For those of you who are looking for a cheap Frost's knife to get you going I received a catalogue from Axminster tools yesterday with these. £4.89 each :)

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=22072&name=frost&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0

They are also doing Frost's draw knives at £14.85

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=19668&name=frost&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0

I'm not sure how these compare to elsewhere but they seemed reasonable value to me. p.s I am not connected with Axminster in any way, I just get the catalogue :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
has anyone got one of these(the red knife)? - are they essentially the same as the green ones with a similar plastic sheath?

This may be just what I'm after if it is - the nice red would make it harder for kids to loose them in the grass ;)

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
It’s a Tradesman Viking, Graham. It’s not the same as the military 760.

It doesn’t have an ambidextrous sheath, the handle is ribbed and has a deeper finger guard, but the blade thickness is the same. The sheath on the Viking is a charcoal grey, and I believe I’ve seen a photograph of Mr Kochanski wearing the blue handled stainless steel version, so it must be OK :)

Best regards,
Paul.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I bought a few of the tradesman knives for a youth group I run and I love them, in fact i've got a Mora, a puukko, a Gerber and a Buck knife and the tradesman is my favourite at the moment if I'm honest. I think the fact that it's so cheap means that I put it to work and am not afraid to push it to any task. In my humble opinion you can't go wrong with that kind of knife.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
$4.89? Geez, do you know lucky you guys are to live in the UK? Over here, when my local knife shoppe does carry Frosts knives (and that's not very often) they slang them for over twenty dollars!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
£4.89 is nearer $10US. What with our strong currency at the mo. Is that more like $15-20 Canadian?

Also our knives may not be that expensive, but the average house is nearer Half a million Canadian dollars(for a 3 bedroom semi)!!

Hope that takes a little sting out of it!

JURA

Forager
Feb 15, 2007
devon
Tradesman knife has a hollow handle and therefore in theory not as strong as clipper.. I use both for both personal and group work. Personal pref for the tradesman as i find the handle suits my hands better and i like the practical red colour. However you can get red clippers. blade the same on both other than cm marks on tradesman blade. clipper handle better suited to aquatic work as non slip grip. the axminster knives are carbon same as clipper carbon, not laminated as their carving knives.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE