Cheap But Awesome Smoked Chicken

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
16,914
1,139
69
Florida
I do these a lot. An awful lot! They’re dirt cheap at less than $6 for a 10 pound bag of fresh chicken leg quarters. I do mine a little different than they do in the video but not terribly so. In my case I rarely marinate them and when I do I use a different marinate (I use apple juice and add salt and sugar and the result is chicken with a slightly “cured” look and taste) I also never sauce them. However I suppose the main difference is I don’t have a big smoker. Instead I use a Weber kettle and arrange the charcoal for indirect heat and add my wood chips onto that. To be honest there’s loads of variations you can do to suit your own taste and budget.


edited to correct an autocorrupt typo.
 
Last edited:
Excellent. Any old 2 burner gasser can be rebuilt in 5 minutes for smoker BBQ service.
I have a variety of dry herb & spice rubs. The magic is in the indirect heat.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE