Cheaky two nights at a nature reserve( pic heavy )

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
It wasn't the easiest camp due to the huge amount of people but we managed to keep out of the way and there are some of the best views image.jpg
But quite a hike in any direction image.jpgimage.jpgcamp position was not ideal but we had to find a quiet place and flat for the old tent image.jpgcampfire cottage pie image.jpgas always we enjoyed a good time and even found some antlers image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpghope you enjoy

gixer

Dec 16, 2012
Midlands
Loved your other threads and think it's fantastic your spending quality time with your kids and that they enjoy it.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that your teaching them to camp and trudge off the paths in a nature reserve though.
That's bad enough, but to then have a stonking great fire as well i find totally unacceptable.

Nature reserves are labelled "nature reserves" for a reason mainly because they have are sites of special scientific interest, by trudging where ever you want you are showing a complete disregard for the rules of the land, and basic common decency.

To teach your kids that your "out times" together outweigh laws, rules, regulations, common sense and decency sets an extremely bad example.

I'll put this one down to pure ignorance, but if i read another another camping trip on a nature reserve i will report you.

Really really disappointed as i've absolutely loved your other threads and trip reports, please please please stay out of nature reserves, they account for only 0.6% of our country so it's not difficult to find other less fragile places to camp and enjoy yourself.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Loved your other threads and think it's fantastic your spending quality time with your kids and that they enjoy it.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that your teaching them to camp and trudge off the paths in a nature reserve though.
That's bad enough, but to then have a stonking great fire as well i find totally unacceptable.

Nature reserves are labelled "nature reserves" for a reason mainly because they have are sites of special scientific interest, by trudging where ever you want you are showing a complete disregard for the rules of the land, and basic common decency.

To teach your kids that your "out times" together outweigh laws, rules, regulations, common sense and decency sets an extremely bad example.

I'll put this one down to pure ignorance, but if i read another another camping trip on a nature reserve i will report you.

Really really disappointed as i've absolutely loved your other threads and trip reports, please please please stay out of nature reserves, they account for only 0.6% of our country so it's not difficult to find other less fragile places to camp and enjoy yourself.

Firstly maybe you should of asked the very important question of wether I indeed had permission to
Camp which I can assure you I 100% did
Secondly I would pay good money for you to come and tell me where I had camped as I leave no trace at all
I volunteer on x3 such reserves and an responsible solely for the donation and erection of over 130 bird and bat boxes so my bad example to anyone is always give more than you take

But thanks for the comments And glad you enjoyed the other posts

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well done Mouse, i winced when i read that post, and wondered how you would respond, but you did in a very comprehensive and adult manner, i am not so sure i would have!

I also donated time and effort, on an S.S.S.I, for the BTO, and helped erect and maintain over 50 nest boxes.

It was a place i had permission to camp and have fires etc, i also got slated for such behaviour, but as it was in my early days on BCUK, i thought better of a response.

Good on ya.

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Well done Mouse, i winced when i read that post, and wondered how you would respond, but you did in a very comprehensive and adult manner, i am not so sure i would have!

I also donated time and effort, on an S.S.S.I, for the BTO, and helped erect and maintain over 50 nest boxes.

It was a place i had permission to camp and have fires etc, i also got slated for such behaviour, but as it was in my early days on BCUK, i thought better of a response.

Good on ya.

Ivan...

Thanks Ivan I must admit I wasn't expecting it but hay hoo
I take a great deal of satisfaction on supplying and erecting the boxes it's a great feeling when you revisit and find you have tenents the bat boxes are a bit new to me but the boys have a real interest

There are the small minority of people who don't truly understand bushcraft and that our love for it makes us some of the best silent conservationists ever , I must admit I didn't expect to find them on here but I love bassetts all sorts and its the all sorts that make it interesting

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Thanks Ivan I must admit I wasn't expecting it but hay hoo
I take a great deal of satisfaction on supplying and erecting the boxes it's a great feeling when you revisit and find you have tenents the bat boxes are a bit new to me but the boys have a real interest

There are the small minority of people who don't truly understand bushcraft and that our love for it makes us some of the best silent conservationists ever , I must admit I didn't expect to find them on here but I love bassetts all sorts and its the all sorts that make it interesting

Terrible behaviour, inviting bats in. DON'T YOU KNOW THEY EAT RARE MOTHS!!!!!! Grrrr!! :rofl: THINK OF THE MOTHS, THE POOR POOR MOTTTTTHHHS!!111!!!ELEVEN!!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Looks a great time...

And a great level headed responce.

(Edited)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
However I dont know the ins and outs of this and undeniably it lookd fantastic.. please dont take offence to this post

Just my two peneth...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

None taken or hopefully given life would be very boring if we all agreed all of the time and without all the info it's hard to know what's right or wrong on other people's situation and I only take comments as opinions which of course we are all intitled to express and share and I welcome comments good or bad

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Gixer, Nature reserves can thrive with the right sort of folk on them. Look at Salisbury plain, thrives because not despite having squaddies rampaging over it. Having good people on the ground will protect it from unscrupulous or dumb idiots. What does worry me is when some of the self promoting NIMBY groups get hold of an area (like the RSPB) and blinking ruin it.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
However I dont know the ins and outs of this and undeniably it lookd fantastic.. please dont take offence to this post

Just my two peneth...

None taken of hopefully given life would be very boring if we all agreed all of the time and without all the info it's hard to know what's right or wrong on other people's situation and I only take comments as opinions which of course we are all intitled to express and share and I welcome comments good or bad[/QUOTE]

;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE