Chasing the deer (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Decided to go for a walk in my Local woods today, started off around 10am and got home around 1pm. All in all a nice walk. I went out with the hope that I could get a picture of a deer. Got some nice pictures along the way.

The River Calder
Picture002.jpg

The start of the path I was going to follow.
Picture003.jpg

I had wanted to get a picture of a deer and lo and behold
Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

also got some other wildlife shots
Picture016.jpg

Mostly landscapes though, some highlights
Picture019.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture043.jpg

One to investigate with a buddy and our skates.
Picture048.jpg

Picture057.jpg

My favourite
Picture029.jpg

Brew stop
Picture058.jpg

Bit chilly, my watch showing -5.8C
Picture062.jpg

Had a great day out, got a lot more photo’s but too many to post. It was really good walking on tracks where the only other tracks were fox, deer and rabbit.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
looks like a beautiful part of the world...thanks for sharing your pics. out of curiosity, does that watch have a temp guage?? if so what model is it?? many thanks!

If you look right at the bottom, it shows the temp as -5.8C you can set it for centigrade or fahrenheit, as to Model.......umm don't have a clue, got it from Lidl is about the best I can do. :eek:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice photos Rob :D
Looks like a good walk :cool:
Funny enough I crossed the other Calder late this afternoon and it's wee glen was full of mist, very magicial looking :)

cheers,
M

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
great..pics...looked..like..a...good..day..out...thanx..for..sharing...atb...Alza

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Very nice pics. I just love to walk alone in this sort of environment and to be the only one to make footprints. You could run a competition with that third pic; spot the deer! I found two!

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Robbi,cracking pics,i just wish i had a place so filled with Cattails(Typha)like in your pics,they are as rare as hobby horses manure round here.
Anyway cheers for making me jealous.

Thanks Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Stuart, I grew some that Typha brought me in a bucket :D They're in a pond now but they did fine in the bucket for about six months. They don't need much. I got ripe seed heads on them too :cool:

M

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi mary,thanks for that,i may just have to search further afield and keep them in a bucket,until i can talk the wife into seeing why we need a pond in the garden :D

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE