Charity shop find :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I couldnt believe my luck yesterday whilst on our latest charity shop rummage I found this!

A Dale of Norway jumper, 100% pure new wool with a windproof liner which has a cotton extension to cover the hands, with elastic pull cords at the back of the neck and waist, and reinforced canvas on the elbows. Made either for, or more likely to commemorate an antarctic expedition by the looks of the label inside. It's a real heavy duty beast, made to last by the feel of it, and practically brand new. All for the tidy sum of £7.99 :)

WP_000637 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000630 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000640 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Brilliant score........That's a real quality piece of clothing and suits you well. A hit like that would be nice, say, once a year, eh? :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Those things are excellent, had one in the late 70's and had it right up to the late 90's when the wife decided to retire it and I lost a friend!

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Nice find. Scored some nice stuff myself via Charity Shops. Got a cracking pair of heavy Leather mittens made in Canada this morning for £2.50

I wonder who had that Jumper before you and whether that person was on the expedition. be interesting to find out it's history. Excellent!!

oslodunc

Jul 23, 2010
Lillesand, NO
7:99? Dale are usually quite expensive. Nice jumpers though. It commemorating an expedition to Dronning Mauds Land ( Queen Mauds Land). A strip between the British and Australian parts of Antarctica.

Mar 16, 2014
Ireland
I live for charity shops iv gotten some of my best stuff from the including an angora rabbit and lambs wool jumper (so warm) and my hiking boots brand new . iv also found that some charity shops get furs in. Found otter (I think) in one for quite cheap made for a happy Christmas for my significant other one year. Some places if you go in regularly (like I do) will keep certain things for you. Eg fabrics, keep hunting and pop in even if it's just to say hello they'll get used to seeing you there. You never know what might be hiding in the back rooms of a charity store

Cj

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I live for charity shops iv gotten some of my best stuff from the including an angora rabbit and lambs wool jumper (so warm) and my hiking boots brand new . iv also found that some charity shops get furs in. Found otter (I think) in one for quite cheap made for a happy Christmas for my significant other one year. Some places if you go in regularly (like I do) will keep certain things for you. Eg fabrics, keep hunting and pop in even if it's just to say hello they'll get used to seeing you there. You never know what might be hiding in the back rooms of a charity store

Cj

absolutely! pretty much 95% of my clothing and household goods/furniture comes from charity shop finds. It's all about patience and persistance until you find the right things :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE