Change the search function so that it includes all words in the search?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Does anyone else find it frustrating that when searching for say "stainless steel canteen" the search function pulls up anything with stainless and anything with steel and anything with canteen? I'd much rather it only pulled up posts with all three words in them.

Is there any way to get this functionality?

Ta

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I usually resort to google advanced search using the "Search within a site or domain:" box to restrict the search to BCUK.

Z

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Good point, but why is the built in search so poor?

I've tried quotation marks, using AND between the words but nope still get overloaded with irrelevant postings.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
i think if you put a "+" infron of all the words eg +stainless +Steel +canteen you should get a better result or at least with google you do, or you could try to put all of it in quotes

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
It's the standard search that comes with vBulletin, I don't think forum owners have many options to alter it. I can check with my vB guru friend if you like

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE