Celtic Kukri Sheath - my baby!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I never seem to get a chance to make myself things, but as I haven't been so well these past weeks I thought I could do with some new clothes for my kukri, as I have always been too embarassed to take it out ion public because of the sheath I first made for it!

Because it was for myself I didnt want it to be a clean neat job. I like my things gnarly, beaten up, worn, and generally to have a fed-up look about them. I made the sheath from some 4mm veg tan half-butt which is super tough but strange to tool as I have recently learned, the grain is very soft and doesnt cut and tool like regular rigid veg tan as you can see the cuts and matting havent stayed smooth. Hand saddle-stitched her up and added some pop studs. Tried getting my stamp on the strap but the stamp is utter rubbish need a new one. Finished with several coats of neatsfoot oil and left natural.

But she's mine and i love her. ready to be beaten and scarred in the bush much like the knife :)

cimg2538b.jpg

cimg2539bi.jpg

cimg2540iu.jpg

cimg2541d.jpg

cimg2535v.jpg

Thanks for looking
Hamish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE