Celestial Navigation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
An excellent link there bushmaster :)

I'm reading an excellent book at the moment called 'The starlore handbook' by Geoffrey Cornelius, while not about navigation, it gives an excellent insight into the mythology of the constellations and answers those cryptic questions like 'why does the great bear have a tail'. I really reccomend this to anyone with an interest in the subject. Knowing the ledgends and myths behind the constellations really helps finding your way around the night sky as the constellations are goruped into stories which are easyier to remember.

:D
Ed

ps. cheers wenie for the lone of the book ;)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Thanks for the link Bushmaster and for the book suggestion Ed.

Another good book I have used is
A Walk Through the Heavens : A Guide to Stars and Constellations and Their Legends
Milton D. Heifetz, Wil Tirion

Very good for finding your way around the constellations and giving legends.

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
Marts said:
Thanks for the link Bushmaster and for the book suggestion Ed.

Another good book I have used is
A Walk Through the Heavens : A Guide to Stars and Constellations and Their Legends
Milton D. Heifetz, Wil Tirion

Very good for finding your way around the constellations and giving legends.

Whilst reading your post I immediatley thought of the same book I bought after taking a great interest in celestial navigation which I think is a fantastic skill to have and a fascinating and fun past-time. I learnt a new constellation everynight when I took my dog out for a walk (which added even more fun to the walk). Easy to do, invaluable skill. I would highly recommend this book for people who wish to begin learning.

Thanks for the link Bushmaster

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE