Cegga Axe wanted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
Hi all,

I am after a cegga axe. Is anyone interested in parting with one? Or know if there will be some for sale and if so, how I go about getting one?

Chris

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - best way is to ask Cegga. I may do another group buy at some point - but people know the man now - why not deal direct?

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I love mine - but I needed a bigger one. Did three emails - got photos at end of last week, paypal sent.....

Wooohooo, big chopper in the post!

Cegga is a star.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If its not to much of a Newbie question to ask , what makes them so good?

Also what cost are we talking?

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
I have tried to PM cegga, but I dont seem to be able to get through. Is there an email I can email him direct on??

Chris

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does anyone here in the South West ( Devon, Cornwall, Dorset or Summerstt ) have a Cegga? Just so that i can pop up and feel the difference and weight etc.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have a small forest axe that - whilst OK, isn't hung quite right. The Cegga just has a better quality feel, the steel seems a little harder to sharpen which implies it is a little harder and therefore better at edge retention.

I was looking at getting a Scandinavian Forest Axe and found my way to the BCUK shop - but the badly hung head on my small put a niggle of doubt... so I pm'd Cegga.

He immediatley took it to email and I have ordered what looks from the photo a sublime piece for ..............

a tiny bit less than the Scandinavian, delivered!!!!!

I'll post pics when it gets here.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Why A Cegga?

Well I have pretty much all the major axe makers work - and a good few custom makers too.

In my mind he is one of the best three axe makers on the planet. In fact (sorry Lee) one of the best two...and only because I haven't had one of Goran's axes ...yet

Fit , finish, value...all are superb

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - Göran Enocksson - I haven't tried his axes yet - but his knife blades are superb!

An let's be fair - I don't think an axe like this will really disappoint

dayxa1.jpg

Red

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
Oooooo! I don't know if I'm a bit wierd....but Damascus steel just so does it for me...LOL

That's a piece of art if ever I saw one......pardon me while I drool some...

Smoggy.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Dougster I hope you put up a picture of that axe when it arrives. I could do with one thats between my BR/Cegga Hunter and my GB Sandinavian. Just dont tell SWMBO ;)

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE