Catnip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Has anyone used Catnip for human ingestion/use and what were your experiences of using it???

Many thanks.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I use it like mint in a mixed herb tea. Usually for arthritic aches.
Friends who smoke tell me that that's a better way of easing the pain.

Lots of information out there about it. I use it as part of the synergy of herbs, so it's just a little part of the whole. I find the mixture eases really red hot aching muscles and joint pain for me.
Everyone's different, and at different life stages; the results can, though in the same general scope, be a bit hit or miss for others.

Good topic, be interesting to hear what others use if for, and how.

cheers,
Toddy

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I use it like mint in a mixed herb tea. Usually for arthritic aches.
Friends who smoke tell me that that's a better way of easing the pain.
Lots of information out there about it. I use it as part of the synergy of herbs, so it's just a little part of the whole. I find the mixture eases really red hot aching muscles and joint pain for me.
Everyone's different, and at different life stages; the results can, though in the same general scope, be a bit hit or miss for others.

Good topic, be interesting to hear what others use if for, and how.

cheers,
Toddy

Am I reading this wrong or can you really smoke cat nip to ease aches and pains? Used to have loads of it growing in my garden, my cats didnt seem to like it though, neighbours cats certainly did! :theyareon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
For those who smoke other 'weed's, yes, catnip can be smoked.
It's one that gets included in herbal smoking mixtures.
Some report a mild euphoriant from it in this fashion, but others consider that a bit of hype. I suspect variety and particular plant matters there. It can also be a really harsh smoke apparantly.

Yes, it can be made into tea from fresh leaves or from dried. Try the flowering tips if you've got some growing just now.
Best kept just below the simmer/boil. Boiling drives off some of the stuff you want to ingest.

Cats like the bruised stuff and some will roll in it and crush the plant to compost. Healthy growing plants they don't seem to notice.
The old comment was that if you wanted it for a herb then grow from seed or be prepared to protect it until it's very well established, or the moggie will have it :)

None of my cats have ever looked near the dried stuff in toys, but crush a couple of leaves and roll the toy in them and put it in a polybag overnight and the cats found it irresistable.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE