Catapult Sheath

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
My last catapult sheath which was finished yesterday.
After having loads of people want one, and getting no requests, i decided to make this my last one.

Made from 3.2mm chestnut coloured leather, standard press stud enclosure and an extended belt loop which will take a 3 inch belt.
Designed to take a Milbro catty or one of Fish's hunter style catty's.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Quick question Nat.

Are those "elastics" that theraband(?) material?

I've used surgical tubing and a leather pouch for my catapult but haven't been able to find a local supplier for the banding as seen in your pics.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Liam

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Will it take the Barnett Black Widow Catapult?

Is so I am interested if the price is right

Does it look like it would? No offence but you can tell straight away that the catty in the photo is nowhere near as thick or bulky as a black widow catty and it says to fit a Milbro or Hunter style catty.

Quick question Nat.

Are those "elastics" that theraband(?) material?

I've used surgical tubing and a leather pouch for my catapult but haven't been able to find a local supplier for the banding as seen in your pics.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Liam

Hi Liam yes it's doubled up Theraband gold that Fish uses on all his cattys. Pretty good stuff to be honest, goes like bloody stink and quite a distance. :D
You can get Theraband on the bay of evil at a reasonable price if you look, some morons sell it for a stupid amount because it's good stuff and they expect to rip people off but it's not rocking horse poo nor should it be sold as such. But it isn't the cheapest either.
Compared to tubing is like comparing a .177 to a .22 air rifle, somepeople prefer 177 some the 22.
:)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Thanks for the reply Nat.

I thought that's what it was. :)

The difference between that and surgical tubing is world's apart TBH.

I know a fella locally that has used it to make his Catapult.

It certainly has more zing and oomph!!

Fantastic leather work skills you have. This site has been an eye opener for people's handiwork.

And to think it all started when as youngsters you flipped out the SAK awl and thought hmmmm... :D

Thanks for the tip I'll check (never used it) evil bay.

atb

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE