carving a woodspirit walk

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
i was invited by a popular leisure park in warwickshire to carve a large woodspirit for a newly created 'woodspirit walk' for the public to negotiate with my carving featured at the end. :)
so after several meets with the parks manager, i was eventually provided with a lovely piece of lime about 10' x 18".

i arrived on site about 0730 some rangers and i propped the log up against a pile of cut timber, and i sorted a tarp out to shelter me from the sun. hot or what! it was a real scorcher and it slowed me down no end, that and the visitors wanting to chat about some of my carvings i had on display. a usefull contact was made with two lovely women who had an online store selling all things pagan; druid, wicca, shaman etc and wanted to feature my stuff on their web site. :cool: i am going back tomorrow to complete it. :) so heres progress so far...

the gratuitous hot totty shot (men are so shallow :rolleyes:)

amazing! just peeled off the bark... and look what i found! :D

decided to leave the 'tooled' look. :)

well i went up to the water park after work to finish it off. made a couple of adjustments and applies some boiled linseed oil, job done! just have to wait untill they install it now. :) heres todays pics...

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Just amazing to see such a fabulously suited outdoor workspace :)

I can quite sympathise with the two lasses looking at a grinning Woodspirits after the grumpy buggars who greeted them though- and that woodpile wall behind you workspace would certainly made me go 'phwoooaaaar, look at that wood!!'

Your tomorrows installment is eagerly anticipated :) I'll think wafts of cool air, bearing beautiful lasses, at you!

What were the tools please? And are the bottom of the poles which cantilever your tarp taut, dug in? It's such a nice pitch with the hammock chair incorperated :)

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Just amazing to see such a fabulously suited outdoor workspace :)

I can quite sympathise with the two lasses looking at a grinning Woodspirits after the grumpy buggars who greeted them though- and that woodpile wall behind you workspace would certainly made me go 'phwoooaaaar, look at that wood!!'

Your tomorrows installment is eagerly anticipated :) I'll think wafts of cool air, bearing beautiful lasses, at you!

What were the tools please? And are the bottom of the poles which cantilever your tarp taut, dug in? It's such a nice pitch with the hammock chair incorperated :)

thanks Sally, as for tools i bought the lot! no the poles are free standing, theyre heavy enough to be stable when splayed, ah you noticed Erics chair then. :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Last time something got shared from North Wood, it went viral with thousands of likes :) It was the Ancient Celt site, wasn't it, Elen? They'd love these :)

It's very good to see you looking so well too and happily carving outdoors!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE