carving a woodspirit walk

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
If you don't use your facebook page much, steve, it might be a good place to put your carvings and see how you can spread the good word...its a good way to keep links, pictures, inspiration as well as providing an easily shared contact which. when combined with things you and your clients are interested in, it can become a great resource for all, like Elens pages :) I used a facebook page for King 4WD, its very handy for info sharing with visuals and detailed descriptions.

You have a freind request on there btw ;)

I notice Hamish uses Etsy to sell stuff, its a nice site for craftspeople and seems to have a better reputation for sellers than the Bay :) But the facebook might be better as a visual 'CV' to get in more of this high profile commission work!

Still really interested to know the tools to upscale your carving like this ;)

Last edited:

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Hi
Cracking stuff pal
As a Warwickshire resident and a wood carver I would love to see the finished work in the flesh -sorry bark can you give us a bit more detail as to where it will be
Cheers

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
updated pictures on OP to show todays work, its going to take another visit to finish though!

Okey dokey - need pix and are you on FB for me to link to? If people want them how do they contact you?

Look HERE for what I've put up already ...

yes but never use it, hmm have to pm you. :)

If you don't use your facebook page much, steve, it might be a good place to put your carvings and see how you can spread the good word...its a good way to keep links, pictures, inspiration as well as providing an easily shared contact which. when combined with things you and your clients are interested in, it can become a great resource for all, like Elens pages :) I used a facebook page for King 4WD, its very handy for info sharing with visuals and detailed descriptions.

You have a freind request on there btw ;)

I notice Hamish uses Etsy to sell stuff, its a nice site for craftspeople and seems to have a better reputation for sellers than the Bay :) But the facebook might be better as a visual 'CV' to get in more of this high profile commission work!

Still really interested to know the tools to upscale your carving like this ;)

may have to pick your techo brain on this one Sal! re tools, mainly used an old henry taylor 96 roughing out gouge and mallet if that helps?

Hi
Cracking stuff pal
As a Warwickshire resident and a wood carver I would love to see the finished work in the flesh -sorry bark can you give us a bit more detail as to where it will be
Cheers

hi Gary your on the doorstep and never been to NW?? :) it will be installed at Kingsbury Water Park when they have completed the dedicated trail for it.

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Looking foward to seeing the completed project !
I don't know it I'd want to shake the fellows hand that uses that walking stick LOL

walking stick? thats his spoon! :D

Wood spirits? I don't see no wood spirits.
Just a pair of hot totties...

Seriously, love your work, and what a great venue for it!

oh you like my daughters then?... thanks PT yes it should tuck away nicely there. :) (just kidding about those ladies :lmao:)

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stunning work - truly majestic in scale and quality. Were you but a little closer I would see about a couple of gateposts from you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE