Carved a catapult

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Used a green piece of local hardwood, dried it in the microwave. Super hard stuff but I'm really happy with the results!
Nice job! Ive made a few myself. You did a much better job than me as mine were much more simple. I Really enjoyed the video as I was unaware that you could cure wood in the microwave. Thank you for teaching me something new.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rockfarm
Nice job! Ive made a few myself. You did a much better job than me as mine were much more simple. I Really enjoyed the video as I was unaware that you could cure wood in the microwave. Thank you for teaching me something new.
It was the first time I had tried drying wood that way myself. Saw it on another video and decided to give it a go, it really worked out great!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wildpiper
Not every wood species will DRY with microwave heating. Some are far better that others ( for people who do a lot of little wood carvings.)

Knock down some edibles. Then I will know which sauces to build and bring.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE