Cartridge Cases

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Got my cases today - thanks mate.

Spent a bit of time this evening (not long i admit) making a match box (the blue one) and a small pot for a mini med & sewing kit (the green one) it's got half a dozen plasters, a small sutre kit and other small items packed in the case, only have to tip it on end and it comes out nice and quick.

That's another project ticked off the list.

Match%20Box.jpg

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Stew said:
Buckshot - would you mind putting 4b cases in with the my BB package please?
What does 4b mean, I can only think of 4 bore - and I ain't got none of them cannons :(

Cheers

Mark

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Buckshot said:
But nitro powder isn't an explosive, it's classed as a propellant. Black powder is an explosive and requires extra licences to hold/ transport but Nitro is OK !
At least that was the case until april this year when the new storage rules came iinto play. Not sure if it was only storage it affected or if purchase of it was in there too. They now class nitro and black powder as 'shooter's powder' from a storage pov and rules are much more strict for the nitro stuff.
Interesting, and correction accepted. I'm a BP shooter myself and haven't used nitro (apart from in factory-made shotgun shells. Any idea what the UN code is for nitro? BP is 0027, but my RCA listed around 15 different subsances that it covered, and I'm guessing nitro could be one of them.

[Edit: OK, a little more research shows most of the other categories are for primers etc. Doesn't look like nitro is listed after all.]

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Povarian said:
Interesting, and correction accepted. I'm a BP shooter myself and haven't used nitro (apart from in factory-made shotgun shells. Any idea what the UN code is for nitro? BP is 0027, but my RCA listed around 15 different subsances that it covered, and I'm guessing nitro could be one of them.
No problem, :) it's one of those confusing ones !!!
I used to reload but don't bother now.
Sorry, no idea on the UN code

Cheers

Mark

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
OK packages being sent to Marts, Thed and Greywolf today.
Nipper and Khimbar will be going out in the next day or so.

Cheers

Mark

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Originaly Posted by Elma
I can provide 308, 303, .223, 300win mag, 3006 , 44mag, 357mag, 243, 410, 12gauge and anything else I can find on the range :D :D
Could I take you up on some .357(or .38) casings please. :)

Buckshot said:
Oh, to shoot proper handguns again - que Homer Simpson drewlling, hmmmmm handguns hmmmmm

I do enjoy my pistols. I've hunted with a .44 mag for many years, taken 8 deer and a turkey with it. It is both effective and convenient. I like being able to go through the woods with both hands free to part the part the bushes or move a hanging limb. This is especially convenient when it comes time to take the game out of the woods.

thed

Sep 5, 2005
Way Down South
maver said:
Got my cases today - thanks mate.

Spent a bit of time this evening (not long i admit) making a match box (the blue one) and a small pot for a mini med & sewing kit (the green one) it's got half a dozen plasters, a small sutre kit and other small items packed in the case, only have to tip it on end and it comes out nice and quick.

That's another project ticked off the list.

Whats the easiest way of taken the plastic cap off? without sticking a hole in my hand from the blade i was trying it with?

Thanks for the package buckshot.

thed

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
thed said:
Whats the easiest way of taken the plastic cap off? without sticking a hole in my hand from the blade i was trying it with?

Thanks for the package buckshot.

thed
Heat the brass end, I do mine over the cooker, then using a pair of pliers it just pulls off.
I use this as a cap for another case I just trim the top using a knife if you can find something the right height put your knife on top and then turn case against blade to cut evenly, it is a pain to cut straight.

thed

Sep 5, 2005
Way Down South
Goose said:
Heat the brass end, I do mine over the cooker, then using a pair of pliers it just pulls off.
I use this as a cap for another case I just trim the top using a knife if you can find something the right height put your knife on top and then turn case against blade to cut evenly, it is a pain to cut straight.

Your right they are really hard to cut straight, thanks for the tip about heating them.

cheers

thed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE