Carinthia Defence 4 Sleeping Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've used their Survival One as my winter bag, and it is fairly good kit (but after 10 years it no longer has the power to keep me warm in less than -25 -- -30 C (it once kept me "ok" in -50 C, and still is "ok" in -35 C, with a -40 C rating). Well made kit, fairly well thought out, not low bulk.

The Swedish army (at least for a while) used a system from them; one three season bag and one summer bag, together making one winter bag. Worked ok according to the reports I've heard.

But no experience with the model you are looking at.

hurplegrappers

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
R.C.T. South Wales
Thanks guys much appreciated. I prefer some extra room and tbo I don't really like the mummy style bag. I know what their advantages are but I'm not going to use it for expeditions to the north pole so it's highly unlikely it'll be used in temperatures below -10 to - 15 C (UK winter). The wideness measurements at both shoulders and feet caught my eye.

Any recommendations of a wide(ish) bag that will suit these conditions and also packs quite small? Max I can spend is between £150 / £200 tops.

Thanks again.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Thanks guys much appreciated. I prefer some extra room and tbo I don't really like the mummy style bag. I know what their advantages are but I'm not going to use it for expeditions to the north pole so it's highly unlikely it'll be used in temperatures below -10 to - 15 C (UK winter). The wideness measurements at both shoulders and feet caught my eye.

Any recommendations of a wide(ish) bag that will suit these conditions and also packs quite small? Max I can spend is between £150 / £200 tops.

Thanks again.

Nanoks are pretty wide. Endurance range.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE