Cardiff and the environs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey folks, I've just joined the forum - glad to say hello to any other South Walians and Cardiffians - i'll be at the moot and wilderness gathering - with a good sized kettle for cups of chai... Drop by and bring a mug.

mbuk

May 18, 2015
cardiff
Hi Lizz,
Cardiff based here, I'm a newbie here too.

I've not planned to get to any meet ups yet but may be in the future.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hi Mike, I've wondered about a candle lantern... I used to share one with a former partner, but he has custody of it now! It was an old style one and came from the U.S. And a nightmare to get proper candles for. But if they're easy to get here now maybe I'll give it a go. Welcome to another Cardiff based May newbie..

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi Lizz,

I'm a bit further east, over Pontypool way. There are a few active people in the area, and another band over around Chepstow.

I've mucked about with candle lanterns a few times, but came to the conclusion that I didn't need one in the end as it was weight for no great reward.

If you are ever in or around Gwent, or want to be, drop me a line.

Another Mike

mwnci

Oct 24, 2010
Afan, South Wales
Hi Lizz,

I'm West of you near Port Talbot. I don't get out as much as I'd like and still consider myself a beginner with plenty to learn.

On the UCO lanterns, I have both. They are good to have, I prefer the larger of the two but often a good head torch is just as good.

Richard

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hi there, I think come Christmas time I might try and organise a wee meet up for locals.. Which given how far most of us travel in wales to meet with like-minded folks will cover all of South and Mid Wales and anyone else who fancies it! Let me know if you're up for it cos then it could be a very mini-moot..

rob1983

Dec 22, 2011
Cardiff
Im up for this ... Im Cardiff area aswell its hard to find anyone here local that is up for a good camping session. :morpheus:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi there, I think come Christmas time I might try and organise a wee meet up for locals.. Which given how far most of us travel in wales to meet with like-minded folks will cover all of South and Mid Wales and anyone else who fancies it! Let me know if you're up for it cos then it could be a very mini-moot..

Hi Lizz im based at Lammas eco village but im over at Llanelli on a regular basis, have you got anywhere in mind for the xmas camp.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey folks, I posted the idea of a mini moot at Christmas and it looks like a few people might like the idea.. So, I'll look into possibilities for a few days of camping and cooking and crafting... I know what cash is like come the end of the year so I will look for very cheap or free! And if anyone has an idea don't be shy, drop me a line about it.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey John, hope you're ok? When's the November moot if there is one? And if not November is there a Christmas one? Well, not actually Christmas, but you know what I mean? And do you get to wear tinsel instead of a boa?

Hmm I should have sent this as a PM to John, these fora don't work like Facebook do they? Drat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE