car booty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
anyone else been to a car boot sale this morning? get anything bushcrafty?

I got a tenners worth of camping stove to play with, but it didnt come with any instructions, so il probably blow myself up later.

:naughty:

edit. . . just noticed the lighting instuctions are written on the side. . result!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I picked up a Kentish pattern axe head for 50p. I've a nice bit of ash that will do for a handle and it'll be a lesson rehandling it :)

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi,
I got a 1 pint kelly kettle. It was a bit expensive for me at £9 still its pretty much as new so I think it was worth it. Bought an Arktis chest rig as well but im not sure wether i ll use it.
A chap had an OG issue bergen but ive already got one. Loads of issue boots and combat jackets for sale too.
I agree car boot sales are great about 2/3 of my bushy gear was bought in a boot sale. Ta Ed.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
There is a boot sale (mega gigantic one I think) at the top of our lane every sunday. Janie normally pops up there (I hate them).. She came back with a huge stock pot today..:rolleyes: Might come in useful one day, I suppose..

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I prefer car boot sales to proper shopping any day of the week! Picking up tat at a bargain price is good fun. All car boot stuff goes round in circles, you buy it off of the person who bought it at a car boot sale two years ago, and one day you'll sell it too!

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
Bought an Arktis chest rig as well but im not sure wether i ll use it.

I got one of them, I cut off the shoulder straps, and lost the bottom strap. then fitted a wider belt to the top buckles (hope im making sense) Then i opened up the back pocket (the map pocket that runs the length of it) at one end, and reinforced the stitching. So now i got a rod quiver that i can wear across my back, tho obviously only for 4piece travel rods. and when i get to whatever mark im fishing, it converts into a huge bumbag. I also added cut lengths of waist pipe, two in each of the three mag pouchs, which are ideal for holding plugs without the hooks getting all tangled up. you just hang the lures by their trebles inside the tubes. Absolutely brilliant bit of kit, and it cost me just a couple of squid at a booty.

Gleams

Nov 20, 2006
Romford
Went car booting on sunday and picked up a set of whittling knives, a mess tin/pot set and a 12 inch bow saw.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
There is a boot sale (mega gigantic one I think) at the top of our lane every sunday. Janie normally pops up there (I hate them).. She came back with a huge stock pot today..:rolleyes: Might come in useful one day, I suppose..

Where's that then? The ones round here are rubbish, full of neon kids toys and not much else.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw a false leg for sale at Oldcotes car boot sale once! Like a bloke went out after losing his leg in the pub the night before, gets to Oldcotes and sees it and says "Oh, just what I was looking for!" Not likely to happen, is it?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw a false leg for sale at Oldcotes car boot sale once! Like a bloke went out after losing his leg in the pub the night before, gets to Oldcotes and sees it and says "Oh, just what I was looking for!" Not likely to happen, is it?

Well you never going to believe this but .....

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
Nice sunny day = nice big carbooty, anyone got any bargains this week?

I got me an old singer sewing machine, for my tarp project amongst other things - 4 quid- :) some stainless canisters for my (dare i admit to it) hobo project. a 1litre proper sigg for 50p, and various other mostly fishing tat n clutter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE