Canvas bed roll maker required...

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello all,

I am looking for some one to help me out....I am about to purchase some canvas for a bed roll.
My problem is that with family / work commitments right now and the fact I don't have the equipment I was wondering if some kind soul would make me a canvas bed roll if I sent the material to them.
I would obviously pay for your work and postage back to me...that goes without saying.
I just begrudge paying £150 - £200+ for one off the internet.
If anyone could help I'll be greatful
Thanks
Greg

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I'm making my own. army cot bed covers, just need to loop the top flap over and stitch it down. I bought 2, so I'm going to attach the other one to make a sleep mat holder to attach to the bottom. Bit of protection from the wind, then I can kip on the floor too if necessary.

Decent sewing machine and you're done - or you could do it buy hand, but it's a lot of stitching.

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
avoid Oregon bedrolls.com.
I ordered a new bedroll from them 3 months ago.
they took my money quickly, and still have yet to deliver my bedroll to me. they refuse to answer emails too.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'm making my own. army cot bed covers, just need to loop the top flap over and stitch it down. I bought 2, so I'm going to attach the other one to make a sleep mat holder to attach to the bottom. Bit of protection from the wind, then I can kip on the floor too if necessary.

Decent sewing machine and you're done - or you could do it buy hand, but it's a lot of stitching.

If I had the time I would probably give it a go...alas my 11yr old Son just got himself into Swansea City FC Youth Academy so I have to drive him up to Swansea 3 nights a week and with work and coaching football myself two nights a week its pretty much a case that I just don't have the time..:dunno:

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
If I had the time I would probably give it a go...alas my 11yr old Son just got himself into Swansea City FC Youth Academy so I have to drive him up to Swansea 3 nights a week and with work and coaching football myself two nights a week its pretty much a case that I just don't have the time..:dunno:

Cool!

Sorry, my post wasn't actually very helpful at all. Hopefully someone will come along and help. You could look for local people who do alterations to clothes and curtains etc - they'll have the required gear. Save on postage too

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Cool!

Sorry, my post wasn't actually very helpful at all. Hopefully someone will come along and help. You could look for local people who do alterations to clothes and curtains etc - they'll have the required gear. Save on postage too

Could be a plan..
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE