canvas and heavy pvc

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am looking to make a bedroll.

I need a piece of green canvas aprox 1m x 2m. And a piece of heavy plastic sheeting, (like the stuff on the side of a lorry) approx 1.5m x 2.5m

I would need these in muted colour.

Large kelly kettle and a frw other bits to trade...

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have canvas in green and brown.

can you give me a couple of days to sort out and measure? Im going away now

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Might be able to help with the curtain side (wagon curtain) I'll look when I get back to yard. Its going to be heavy when done.....

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've got some PVC from a curtain sider (it's no use to you as it's bright orange) and i can't really imagine using it to make a bed roll, it's going to be seriously bulky and heavy by the time you've done. why the overkill?
a couple of square feet rolled up inside your rucksack makes a brilliant worksurface though, ideal for camp cooking

stuart

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Yep it will be heavy and bulky, it will be used for car camping only. And I want a totally bomb proof bed that can be slung on rough thorny ground and be strong enough to take serious hammer! Over engineering is the way to go!

Anyone who has offers please pm me

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
if the PVC sheet is a non starter..... I could go for all canvas construction..... if anyone has enough canvas?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Most ....should have been nowt in yard.....I'll make some enquiries tomorrow for you.

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Still needing some canvas.. Can manage without the PVC, and make the whole thing in canvas... Anyone?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Its not too heavy either...off a seven n half tonner. Just got to square t'gaffer up tomorrow to see which one I can butcher? He's said I can cut one if I must , just can't understand why I can't make a flask up lol

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I,m workun on the canvas as well, but don't hold yer. Breath. I've got a us ? Army cot buried where the bike was. Its in a canvas sailor bag, but it might be too short. Can't recall if the cot is canvas or that nylon canvas type ? Wagon curtain will either be bushcraft blue or busht white ? Lol

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Cheers mate, made the bedroll in canvas in the end (ie I won't need any more ;@)....), but will retrofit the plastic base. Search for tengu bedroll and you will witness my creation.

If you can get some that would be great

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE