Canoeing in Canada May 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Aye these things are sent to try us Rich.

The worst thing is get this...

As you know we have a Caravan which I only allow to come out of storage for 2 weeks a year. So I am going to be on a caravan site in North wales in a shed on wheels rather than sat round a fire in the beautiful pristine wilderness of Canada!!

Where is the justice in the world!!!:dunno:

On a plus not as way of a sweetner I have been given a Flexi pass for other adventures through the year.

:goodnight:

Andy

Woody

Forager
Would have loved to go on this, but it clashes with family holiday to Sweden, so can't I'm affraid. If it's on again next year I'd be very interested. Hope it all goes well.
(I looked at flights out of curiosity, and they seem to be around £550 - £600, so £1200 all in is really good value IMHO for a great trip)

Guys,

Flights are £398 with Canadian Affair ( http://www.canadianaffair.com )

Direct - Gatwick > Halifax > Gatwick on Thursdays

Woody

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
This sounds like an excellent trip. I wont be able to make this one as Im broke and trying to get permission of the mrs to go on a cheap trip to Norway-Finland. Hope theres another planned for next year if this one is successfull. Cheers for organising it.

Woody

Forager
I am a go for this trip, Tony or Woody can you let me know when and how much deposit you want and when final payment must be made?

Colin...

Colin,

Once we have the numbers (Which need to be in by the 10th Feb) we will then send out further details

At the moment it isnt looking good, so it will probably end up getting put back to much later in the year or next year

Woody

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
So, apart from me and Colin, is anyone else able to go?
Was getting a bit excited about this one, and that's before I've even sorted out kit for the Arctic trip ...

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Message from Colin & Peter - LIVE THE DREAM -

Just imagine a paddle through all that scenery that we all watched with Ray recently, and a full week of it at that. Lets be honest, we can all go to Magaluf at any time (as long as we win the lottery), but a paddle for a full week for just over £600, i mean how hard can it be to rob your local bank, I hear endys are doing a nice line in Balaclavas - hint hint....

In all seriousness, this is one trip i would love to do, so if anyone else is a possible, please list your intentions now, so Woody has plent of time to get this exped up and running -

You know it makes sense!!!!!!!

Colin (Wannabee paddler)

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Is the school holidays all that is stopping you Rich

I guess im just going to have to run for parliment in order to change the school holidays to run along side this canoe trip - I WILL NOT BE STOPPED - VOTE COLIN - PARTY MANIFESTO - FREE CANOE TRIPS FOR ALL (Guess i aint getting woodys vote then!!!)

Colin

What time of year is the driest/least midge infested for the area of the proposed trip?

Early January .. peaking in June/July ... tailing off through to Late December!!

Blackfly (midge) free until the second week of May, they peter out (sort of) second week of June to be replaced with mosquitos, deer flies, and the really scary moose flies come out in July. However if it cools down (like it does evey night) the midges come back :(

Dave

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Guys.

We are making a start on the planning for the different trips.

Can you add your names below ONLY if you are seriously up for this trip. This trip needs 12 people by the 10th Febuary to run

(To add: just click the quote button and then add your name to the quoted list)

Woody

list of interested people

Coln18

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE