Canoeing in Canada May 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
INTRODUCTION:

The Bushcraft UK, Canoeing in Canada Expedition is a 7 day course led by uk guides/instructors. The course is a "no frills" low cost opportunity for members of the Bushcraft UK community to experience top of the range instruction in the beautiful Canadian province of Nova Scotia.

During the course students will be expected to participate in routine tasks around the camp such as firewood collection, cooking and general camp duties.

The closing deadline for this Expedition is 10th Feb, we have to have it booked up by then or we will lose this opportunity.

COURSE DETAILS:

Course provider: Bushcraft Expeditions.
Maximum numbers: 12
Minimum age: 18 (17 if accompanied by an adult)
Date of Exped - 27th May - 3rd June 2010
RV time TBA on the 27th Halifax airport
Drop off for travel home TBA on the 3rd June at Halifax airport
Accommodation: Attendees provide tents, sleeping bags etc.
Cost: £640

More information will be posted soon

This exped is fully inclusive: All canoe kit, meals, Instruction, local transfers etc (you provide your shelter, sleeping kit and international flights :D)

As with all the Expeds and courses they're number dependent, if we get the numbers they go ahead, if we don't they'll get moved to another time slot.

The meeting point for this is in Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada (a great place, I used to live there)

As with the Scottish canoeing trip the group size is limited (12 for Canada and 14 for Scotland) and if there's 24 people for this Canadian trip we can accommodate two expeds.

It's a fantastic place to canoe and a great opportunity for a canoeing in a beautiful country at a great price.

Any questions pop them in the thread.

Last edited:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Oh heck!! Tony your gonna get me landed in the dog house with Swmbo on all this.

Question if I may. Would an expedition of this type accomodate kids My daughter 13 and son 10 (at the moment) both have canoed on the Colorado before?

If so I could be up for this and would need 4 places obviously to be confirmed etc etc.

Cheers

Andy

Belargehair

Mar 3, 2009
Whites Lake
Welcome to My City!

Where are you folks planning to canoe?

I've just ordered some canoe route maps from the Nova Scotia Map Store, so if you need the link let me know and I'll find it.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Tony is the format for this the same as the Canada expedition on their website?

I have already been given the green light by Swmbo :D:D:D

But just need to check the dates fully and the costs etc in conjunction with our family holidays. It would just be me on this occaision.

Cheers

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When would you need a deposit Tone and what sort of lump would you need ? Would the end of April be too late for full payment ?

Woody

Forager
Tony is the format for this the same as the Canada expedition on their website?

Scrogger,

The general format is pretty much the same, the main differences being:

1. The routes/areas the BCUK group will take/use - All still in the Tobiatic area and incredible!!

2. The greater numbers on this trip - We aim for very small student/Instructor ratios on our main trips.

3. The kit that is/isn’t provided.

4. The duration

5. This will only take place if we get the numbers - Our main trip will go ahead regardless of numbers, even if there were only one person on it.

.... and as stated, the BCUK trip is a “no frills” experience … you are expected to muck in around camp and get your hands dirty!… oh and you don’t get to stay in a swanky hotel at the start/finish!!

Woody

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Round one of discussions with swmbo didn't go too well.

She said I'm not going without her, but she can't go because she's still teaching until the 28th. End of.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Coln do you get an extra day to prepare in Scotland for the pagan festival that is St Valentines day.

I could have gone but did not realise this was whit week and we are due to go away with some friends to Wales..:(:(:(

Swmbo is happy for me to go but it would not look good to our friends so I must gracefully withdraw.

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Coln do you get an extra day to prepare in Scotland for the pagan festival that is St Valentines day.

I could have gone but did not realise this was whit week and we are due to go away with some friends to Wales..:(:(:(

Swmbo is happy for me to go but it would not look good to our friends so I must gracefully withdraw.

Andy

Gutted for you mate, especially after getting the green light from the boss.

Would have loved to go on this, but it clashes with family holiday to Sweden, so can't I'm affraid. If it's on again next year I'd be very interested. Hope it all goes well.
(I looked at flights out of curiosity, and they seem to be around £550 - £600, so £1200 all in is really good value IMHO for a great trip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE