Cannot believe it!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
As you may remember my kit got stolen when i was out before when i was getting wood and stupidly left it there. I got alot of help of members on here to get back on my feet and couldnt of done it without them!!

Well i woke up this morning and my garage and shed have been broken in to! Cannot believe it. Its where i keep most of my kit :(
I have called the police and they are coming out later today.
I have not looked what has gone in detail yet but i'm devastated! I had alot of lead in the garage which may have been the purpose of the theft :(

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Sorry to hear this, beenn, :( I never put anything in our outhouse that I truly value, I have a cheapo grinder and a few odds and sods that the spinning world wouldn't stop for. Keep yer treasures inside, mate.

Hope the police get the excrementa.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I do keep some inside but recently moved it outside for more room.

Had a better look around and around 500 kg of lead is gone- must of used a car behind in the lane for sure!
Lock was broken off and the door was pry'd open.

Camping wise some rucksacks are gone, all sleeping bags, clothing, waterproofs, walking shoes and just odds like gas stove, some tools, billy can, tarp. Also there was bits of kit in the lane which may of fell.

Absolutely gutted, dont know why someone would go through so much effort to be an idiot.

Looks like the walk to Brecon is cancelled :(

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Sorry to hear this, beenn, :( I never put anything in our outhouse that I truly value, I have a cheapo grinder and a few odds and sods that the spinning world wouldn't stop for. Keep yer treasures inside, mate.

Hope the police get the excrementa.

Man, you really need some luck. Feel for you.

Not again, sorry to hear this Ben

I'm with Opal, keep anything you value in the house from now on

Thank you everyone

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Its what i thought but no one heard a thing, i'm a heavy sleeper but no one else in my house is :(
Rained this morning too and i cant see any tire tracks or footprints

I was wondering if they used the rucksacks to take the lead until i seen how much was gone.

The local scrap yards aint the best, they steal themselves

Bucketosudz

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2010
UT-USA
Sounds a bit like you might re-consider those that you know or have had gear related conversations with? Did you have something in your original gear stolen that would have directed them to your home?

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Not sure mate, It was brand new rolls for work so most legitimate scrappies will not take it but i have roller shutter doors which i open when working on things so anyone could of seen- but only people who live by me drive up and down the lane :(

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Sounds a bit like you might re-consider those that you know or have had gear related conversations with? Did you have something in your original gear stolen that would have directed them to your home?

Wallet with an address but it was taken around 3 miles away a while back

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
If 500kg has been stolen then the chances are you have been specifically targeted, i'm not police but i have worked in the scrap business so have a fair idea how this works.

This kind of thing happens a lot though copper is usually what people are after.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
If 500kg has been stolen then the chances are you have been specifically targeted, i'm not police but i have worked in the scrap business so have a fair idea how this works.

This kind of thing happens a lot though copper is usually what people are after.

My fathers trailer got stolen and sold to scrap, seems to be whatever they can get their hands on!!
Must of been planned too as not many people drive around a lane in the night and have the tools to get into a garage with roller shutter doors and a heavy duty padlock :(

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Wallet with an address but it was taken around 3 miles away a while back

CCTV is a must, beenn, I have it front and back, before I go to work I switch the vcr on which records up to 8 hours, my wife is home before it runs out. Only the other day as I sat by the window on this laptop, a little urchin about 8yrs of age threw a stone at the window as he passed by from school.

Nothing broken but I will be giving him his stone back (all on cctv) next time I see him pass with his mother. :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I didnt think i needed CCTV, honestly thought people around here were decent enough.

Have looked online to replace the kit lost and looking towards £400...

Lead can be replaced by work but was not a very nice conversation.. meeting on monday :(

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You can pick up little IP cameras for just over a ton each, plug them into your router and you can record to your PC. Spend a little more and you can get motion activated ones which save on disk space.

A bit late now but one to think about if you have lots of lead at home sometimes. Plenty of signs up warning of the cameras is usually enough to put most opportunists off.

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
You will have been targeted specifically mate, no one randomly breaks into a garage with the gear to shift 500kg of anything not mind the balls to pull it off, i doubt it was oppurtunist luck.

Did anyone else in you area get robbed?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE