Can anyone identify this jacket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
I’m sorry but I am unable to supply any photo’s as yet but can anyone identify this please? Curiosity has got the better of me. Maybe someone may be able to help.

Another thread on BCUK reminded me that I had bought a new Army smock with woodland camo effect, a couple of years ago from an Army surplus store near me. The vendor didn’t have many to sell. That store has now closed. I bought the jacket as it was unusual and put it away until my other rough one needed replacing. I thought that it would be ideal for my field archery etc.

Now that I have ‘re-discovered’ it I have been looking at it again. I am curious because if it is genuine issue, and I think the ‘99’ in the code number denotes UK issue, I didn’t think the British Army used woodland pattern. I have looked on the web and so far have not found and reference to 'Tree-cam' or the NATO/UK link.

The manufacturing detail on it is similar to a ‘Survival Aids’ Ventile windproof smock I bought from Silvermans about 7 years ago, apart from;

Camo pattern; the text ‘TREE-CAM’ is printed on a brownish camo pattern similar to a ‘Realtree’ woodland print.
The jacket is made from a close cotton weave (not rip-stop); has slotted buttons on four outer pockets (plus two on sleeves); full zip, fixed adjustable hood; internally adjustable waist and hem. There is an internal map pocket. It has double layer material over the shoulders and a couple of poachers(?) type pockets inside on the lower back.

Label inside collar reads;

SMOCK COMBAT CAMOUFLAGE
WINDPROOF
CG 8415-99-132-3959
SIZE 180/104
NATO SIZE 7080/9505
NAME;
NO;
LAUNDER AND REPROOF
IN ACCORDANCE
WITH SPECIFICATION
UK/SC/3698

Another label inside;

100% COTTON
COTON
BAUMWOLLE

It is a nicely made jacket as it is, but is it just some Realtree/army smock clone complete with phoney NATO number? or…….

Any ideas?

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
thanks for the replies.
If it's a clone it's an unusual one, but there is so much kit up for grabs now.
I can't see much point in a fictitious NATO number if something like this doesn't actually exist in the NATO 'stores'......
Still Waters,there are no pit zips. I may take up your offer of posting a picture for me, as I'm having trouble doing that. It may have to wait until Sunday afternoon; could you PM your email?
I think a photo would be useful.
cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE