Can anyone compare Mears vs DD tarp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
i have a usmcpro tarp and the webbing came unstitched on one loop on first use,and it developed a leak at the seam repaired both faults but kinda left a bad taste for future buying of these.

I've really abused my old DPM one...Scouts have borrowed it too and it's still as good as new.

It must be at least 6 years old, probably nearer 10 TBH, so either I had a good one, or you had a bad one!

EDIT:

Just looked on the UKMCPro website and the new tarp has a ten year guarantee...must be pretty confident about quality to issue that!

Simon

Last edited:

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I bought a DD tarp bit the corner eyes blew out in wind. They are flimsy. I now own two Current Issue tarp/shelter/sheet bashas. Great bit of kit with vg waterproofing and edge webbing and loops. Much more robust.

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
The new tarp is lighter than the old one, but just as well made. It only arrived this week, so has yet to be put to the test "in anger", but first impressions are good.

Hi Simon, Have you had a chance to try the new tarp yet? Looks good on the website but no reviews there yet so would be useful to know what you think of it :)

Marc

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi Simon, Have you had a chance to try the new tarp yet? Looks good on the website but no reviews there yet so would be useful to know what you think of it :)

Marc
I've not slept under it, but I did a little workshop with a few other Scouty types, showing how versatile tarps are. I used the new one and am impressed with it.

I'll do a review with some pictures soon...

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE