campsite in shropshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
hi guys im starting a job in shrewsbury so before i move in to where i live im gona go up a day early (tomorrow) and camp near. does anyone know a campsite near baschurch? or to the west of shrewsbury? il be traveling from cardiff through mid wales so maybe a site near towards shropshire there.

idealy somewhere i can stay close to my car because il have alot of stuff in there

thanks - oh and whats the countryside like in shropshire? any badgers?

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Hi,

I live in the south of Shropshire and can confirm that it is a beautiful county with plenty of badgers!

There is an excellent campsite south of Shrewsbury at Little Stretton. It nestles in the shadow of the Long Mynd which is a large upland plateau. If you look on the map it is indicated at the bottom of Ashes Hollow. The grid ref is SO 441920, it is a public site which sits next to a stream, the Ragleth Arms pub is nearby and is good, extremely walker friendly. You just turn up at the campsite and pay for the night at the farm house, there are basic toilet facilities. (There is a good chippy in Church Stretton if you feel the need).

Sorry this is away from Baschurch, I don't know that area of the county that well. It is about 20minutes south of Shrewsbury by car on the A49.

I hope that this is helpful.

PS there are lots of gr :D eat spots for bushcraft in Shropshire. When you get settled PM me and I fill you in.

Regards

Stewey.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Stewy , you are absolutly spot on Shropshire is a beautiful county with some stunning spots. Been on some lovely walks in the stretton area and the Long Mynd as well as Wenlock Edge and South Shropshire Clee hills etc. Would like some secret spots off you too!!!!! I will pm you Dave

Welsh Dragon

Mar 29, 2007
North Wales
I don't live that far from Baschurch, only about 5 miles from where I work.
I can almost guarentee you'll see more badgers than you can shake a stick at ;)

Can't think of any camp sites nearby off the top of my head, only caravan parks sorry... oh and I think if I remember right there is some sort of adventure holiday park in Baschurch itself.

Its a very nice area though :)

Brian

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
thanks guys il let u know which i choose in a few mins, and cool ive been looking for badgers in s wales1!

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I would agree with the one at Ashes Hollow. As Baschurch is to the north of Shrewsbury you could check out the area towards Ellesmere, or even Oswestry/Llangollen up the A5. I just wish we could get a contact to use the Scout Camp at the Wrekin for bushcraft........

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Yep guys I may be up there this sunday if the missus alows Im in the dog house for spending tooooooo much time out at the mo :rolleyes:
Prob be up there early doors on my deer quest but should still be about..........if not would love to meet up with 'locals' as I am very 'green' and would prob benefit from you guys knowledge. Also going to be staying out a fair bit over the summer if anyone is up for it.
D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE