Camping Newquay

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi, me and a group of 8 mates from school are trying to organise a camping trip down to Newquay but can't get accomodation so we figured we'd camp. Does anyone know of any sites in the area that will allow a single sex party of 8? and is also reasonably cheap? also is it cheaper to pay per pitch or per person do you think? any other advice on any other matters you feel we should take into consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
If you are after the usual sort of camp site and not the "Ray Mears experience", then there are some in the Newquay area that cater specifically for young people. They don't have "family camping" and there are no old wrinklies telling you to keep the noise down. You can party all night if you want. There is probably a tourist information website for Cornwall or Newquay which would help you get an idea of prices etc. and give some useful phone numbers.

Dec 15, 2009
cornwall
hi i live in newquay shugglers haven if its open will take ne1 large groups of lads the lot but at this time of yeah u cud get a surf lodge 4 adout £12 PP PER NITE rite in town and b sorted place to cook etc try matts surf lodge very chilled.
ps. pop in the local spoons i work behind the bar and its the cheepist place in town iv got long dreads cant miss me il point u to the gud bars

Bush Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2009
New Forest
I did smugler shaven this year. Full of drunken kids, xpect noise till 4am, fire extinguishers let off, etc. However they let anyone in with a deposit (no worries about age) so it has its place! Caravans looked ok and Trevelgue is the same site but the family side of it.

Have done a couple of surf/stag lodges/hostels and if you can get in to one they are good.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
The only site I know in that area that will let you camp is Trevelgue. I agree with the guy above it's fun if you want some where to crash for a couple of hours between trips to the town / bar / nightclub.

It has it's place and it is about 2 miles walk outside of Newquay with regular buses into the town.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Go to sunnyside...
Fairly cheap, has showers and shops and its own nightclub.
Allows under 18's
It is out of Newquay but there is a bus that drops people into Newquay.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE