Camping in Hammock and tarp ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blade21

Jun 13, 2010
Limburg NL
I Googled the Exped scout combi and I'm really more impressed with it than a Hennessy.

But maybe that is because they )Hennessy' have an awful site giving not enough information and nothing but grainy small pictures :(

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I Googled the Exped scout combi and I'm really more impressed with it than a Hennessy.

But maybe that is because they )Hennessy' have an awful site giving not enough information and nothing but grainy small pictures :(

I love it, by far the nicest set up I've had from Hennesseys to Woodlores Eco Sleep system.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hi Jonathan,

I have just ordered the exped combi hammock, can you give us details of your mods please.
This is my first hammock, so could do with all the help I can get.

Thanks
stu

Yeah, gimme a shout when you've got it as you'll understand me better then. I'll try and get out and get some pictures done for you too. All you need is a couple of decent lengths of paracord.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have it in my hands now :)

Did you use the ropes with eyes in to hang yours ?

Nope. First thing I did was to run a ridge line under the tarp and through each eye. I don't tie the ridge line to the tarp but let it slide, the guy lines secure it taught so it doesn't slip. I set the tarp up separately from the hammock using this ridge line and don't use the elastic thingies as they are inadequate on the tarp and tear off if you like a tight tarp. Also, if you have the hammock quite tight, and attach your tarp via the hammock ropes, it is just far too close to the hammock for my tastes. It also helps having the sliding tarp as you can cetralise it then and make setting the hammock evenly far more easy to do. I think I may also replace the elastic net support with paracord and attach that to the ridge line.

Here's my set up. I'll get some better pics done if you need them. You'll understand what I'm on about better once you've set the whole thing up yourself first.

DSC07466.jpg

DSC07461.jpg

30-31Jul201010.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE