Campfire music

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Sitting in my favourite spot in Glencoe playing my harmonica, think I scared the wildlife off! Does anyone else play the mouth organ while bumming about camp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxh5NnZfToQ

Hey Jimcall, how/where did you learn to play?

I am playing with a Hohner (C) and a book, any tips pointers you can give would be gratefully recieved!:D

SRC, I have fancied the Ukulele but struggled and gave up in the guitar, how hard is it to get result from?

Cheers!

Marc

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Marc, its an old Hohner I use. It was given to me by an old gent in a pub in Aberfeldy after I wandered in to a jamming session with a cheap parrot moothie. I think you picked the easiest key in "C". I have tried playing others in different keys but cant seem to master it. My best advice is to keep practicing one tune until you are comfortable with the suck and blow sequences and then gradually increase your repertoire one tune at a time. Before long you will find that you can just pick up any old tune. I didn't have any lessons and I cant read music for the life of me but just practice and it gradually comes good!

cheers for all the comments

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE