Camp knife what do you use and why?

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Nothing large at Hugo towers, well apart from axes.
This is what I use lately well something along the lines with Walnut handles, as I gave the top one to a friend just after Christmas.
Knifehandles001.jpg

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
My design, blade supplied by FGYT, i like it as an all-rounder, and i find the handle very comfortable.

the blade is 52100 and the scales are g10 with stainless fittings.

DSCN3234.jpg

A question if you dont mind.

Why the steeply swept point, and not mor gentle like a leuku?

Quote of the day:
"Bless you Pignut!!!!! Big knives ROCK!!" (Robevs73)

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
A question if you dont mind.

Why the steeply swept point, and not mor gentle like a leuku?

Quote of the day:

with the intention of this tool being used very hard, the tip is swept that way to enable prying, chiseling, other things. the balance is to front heavy to use that portion of the blade for fine work, which is why the blade near the ricasso is narrower, to aid finer work.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
with the intention of this tool being used very hard, the tip is swept that way to enable prying, chiseling, other things. the balance is to front heavy to use that portion of the blade for fine work, which is why the blade near the ricasso is narrower, to aid finer work.

Great, thanks, well thought out!

Quote of the day:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Well so far my design is like this

5f95b448-be63-b802.jpg

And proportions

5f95b448-be83-5d10.jpg

8" blade 5" handle

Mmmmmmm

Quote of the day:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
This is the same as the one josh posted but wasnt keen on the tip so had it modified. I found if i was using two hands to push the blade down it was stabbing into my hand on the tip.
IMG-20120123-00133.jpg

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I asked the same a while ago. Ended up with a leuku and loved it. Just last week i got hold of a FGYT Nessie and got to say it does everything apart from really delicate work for which i have just ordered one of his smaller knives.
mate you will love that smaller nessie i love mine so much never thought in a million years out of all the knives i have thatr would be the one that i love, thought the shape was mad at first untill youi stary to use it, and i use it every day, in the shope for prepping woof for the wood burner, and then when out in the woods, the only thing that i have not tryed it for yet, is prepping some game, but i just no it will do that to.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
i have only just realised that i have quite a few knives of varying kinds, will have to get them out, clean them up, post pics and get laughed at!

apart from my mora (who would dare) and my new, nearly adopted F1 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE