Camp Cookery day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A group of us from Up North got together and had a Cookery Day. Here's some pictures.

the scene that greeted us. Cold and Snowy
055.jpg

First thing we did was dig a pit oven, light a fire in it and stack more wood and stones on top, ready for a leg of lamb.
048.jpg

We covered the pit with hazel sticks, moss and earth to seal it all in.
051.jpg

We then got a stew of pheasent, carrot, potato and onion on the go.
050.jpg

We then put a chicken on to roast
054.jpg

And panassed a trout and put this over the fire as well.
059.jpg

By the time we had finished all this, it was time to open the pit oven
060.jpg

And then have the roasted lamb with Bannok.
061.jpg

Then it was pack up time and off home. A great day was had by all. the food was fantastic by the way, and no, no-one got ill, lol.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Looks a fantastic feast!!! Got me thinking about what to take this weekend if I manage to get out....still never made bannock so might give it a go...will look at older threads for recipes. Cooking is a huge passion of mine....and there's nothing better than cooking outside!

tweeders

May 7, 2009
Co Antrim
hi guys, i'm new to the forum.
it all looks great.
i'm in county antrim too, so do feel free to keep me in the loop for any future meets.

cheers lads.

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
I dunno, there's something not quite right about stocking up in a supermarket, and driving out to the woods to cook and eat it.

It's a bit like busting for a cr@p, driving out to the woods to dig a hole to 'do it' then driving back home again - but then perhaps you blokes do do that!
;^)

Sounds fun - though not for me as I'm a vegetarian (are we allowed to use the 'v' word on this forum?).

Jim

I dunno, there's something not quite right about stocking up in a supermarket, and driving out to the woods to cook and eat it.

It's a bit like busting for a cr@p, driving out to the woods to dig a hole to 'do it' then driving back home again - but then perhaps you blokes do do that!
;^)

Sounds fun - though not for me as I'm a vegetarian (are we allowed to use the 'v' word on this forum?).

Jim

No problem Jim, you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't agree with it. Do you only eat stuff you find in the woods when you go out? Fair play if you do, but I don't. Very little though was bought in the supermarket. It may surprise you, but we actually have inside toilets in Ireland now as well. No need to make a special journey to the woods anymore, but if that what you like to do, then go for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE