Camo tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
What`s the ideal size? i mean 1 tarp to do as a shelter/basha but also give you room to sit,cook,eat, and have a fire. 2mx3m might cover my hammock but that would be all, 7mx5m seems to big but i could be wrong?
what is the best size for a tarp?, what do you recommend?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Depends on how many you want to cover. Just you? Or guests as well?

I have a 3 x 3 for myself when hammocking, but an Andywink Tarp 4 x 4.5 for ground dwelling or as use for a communal area.

jerrycanfirebox7.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you use trekking poles there are kits that allow you to koin two poles to make one longer pole. I think BPL-UK online store does them. Designed for Hex 3 type of tents but could be useful for a tarp too.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Beast, that tarp in your link is a bogstandard, plastic builders type of tarp. I've got one and only use it as a wind break. It holes easily aswell and makes such a noise.
If you could stretch to it, Lurch at Lakeland Bushcraft sells decent sized Tatonka tarps for a reasonable price.
Better quality and longer lasting and lighter.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I think he was doing them cheaper and if you scroll down there's some less expensive ones. But they do last.
Or dig around on ebay for a better quality tarp.
Usmcpro do a very good dpm basha for £35, 3m x 3m lightweight and large.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE