Calling the Canadians/Canadiens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grey Owl

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
voyagetothebay.cauc.ca
For some time I have been wondering how many Canadians wander the electronic trails of BCUK and thinking that we really should get to know each other a little better. We most likely have more than a country in common and perhaps this will eventually lead to some actual activities and outings together.

There are only a few folks that I have become aware of through noting locations. In Alberta there is Dad and Diligence, and that is just Alberta. So come on out of the woodwork.

Currently I reside in Central Alberta and have had a lifetime of outdoor activities through an excellent start in rural SE British Columbia. Employment finds me as a little of an outdoor junkie, having worked in outdoor education for the past 10 years. The natural world is still my passion and I look forward to meeting, chatting and hopefully, spending some time in the bush with you folks.

So here is to the Rendezvous of the Canadians.

ardri

Dec 31, 2006
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Hi Gray Owl
My handle is Ardri, visit the site read lots not much of a poste though. Reside north of Victoria on Vancouver Island. Been active in the outdoors all my life. Alberta is not that far away. Visit Calgary once in awile to visit relatives. Hope others come out of the woodwork. Might be the makings of a moot, eh!
Cheers for now.
Regards
Ardri

Diligence

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
Calgary, Canada
Hey guys (gals?).....glad to meet you.

Calgary is home now, but spent my youth in Northern Sask...La Ronge.

as my profile says, my hobby (outdoors) is the opposite of my occupation (desk jockey)...used to be an avid climber before family came along...now I day-dream.

D

A friend of mine out in BC once said "Oh you should totally come out here. You'd love it!"
"Yeah I'm sure I would, but I've spent all this time learning about the flora and fauna out here. As soon as you get on the other side of the Rockies, it's all different. I'd have to buy all new field guides, learn everything all over again. And besides you've got those grizzlies out there. Sheesh, I don't know....."
"Ah you don't have to worry about the grizzlies. It's the cougars that are really dangerous. As soon as their divorce papers come through, they're all over you."

:lmao:

D

dboles

Another BC fella.Im out all the time Lucky enough to live and work in a fantastic area.We have the grizzlies I could tell a few stories and both types of cougars.

FarPoint

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Good idea Grey Owl.
I live in downtown Toronto and like to get out every chance I get, although with two kids it is not always easy. They sure like heading out and I have been known to take them out of school for a quick trip up north.
We had some great weather here the last few days (18 degrees and sun) and I nipped up to Algonquin Park here in Ontario for a little solo outing-solo with my two dogs and it was marvelous.
I must confess I do more hiking, backpacking and canoeing than more traditional bushcraft activities but do prefer tarp to tent, flint and steel to matches and dirt to pavement.

All those who wander are not lost-JRR Tolkien

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Hi all,

Not a canadian....yet...but we're getting there. The family and I are on the immigration wagon and hope to land in BC next summer. Not long now.

Mooseman1

Forager
Dec 22, 2008
London UK
Hi all, im Moose from NWT Yellowknife, over seas at the moment (london) with the Military, loving the avatar Canadian Guy giddy up.

Been in the service all my life, 8 years with CF and lucky enough to get a sabbatical with the British Army for the last 6, married to an ozzy no kids.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hello all, another canuck here but I've been in the UK for the past 10 years. I recently visited my parents on Vancouver Island and it made me really homesick with all that forrest(and Tim Hortons)! I grew up in Saskatchewan and even miss stubble jumping on the prairies! My dad wants to hike trails and rough camp for several days at a time but doesn't want to do it by himself as he's 61 plus my mom's not keen... I keep telling him to get online and find someone to go with. I'll tell him to check this site out as I have seen several Canadians on here. Git er done!!!!

Oct 29, 2008
Canada
Hey guys

Toronto here, formerly from Sheffield, but that was a good many years ago.

Like many here in Canada, the canoe has always been my vehicle of escape. And that combined with the Jeep i've had a few years now make it easy to get to some isolated places for great fishing and camping in the wild. I've been reading up on this site for a while now - lots of great info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE