Calling all metal workers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Hi folks, I have been thinking ( dangerous, I know! :) )
I have a cunning plan involving a fire steel and need a person that can make it for me, if it works the idea is yours to do as you wish with afterwards. Give me a shout if you want the challenge, and the cash lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stone monkey

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2015
east yorkshire
Hi folks, I have been thinking ( dangerous, I know! :) )
I have a cunning plan involving a fire steel and need a person that can make it for me, if it works the idea is yours to do as you wish with afterwards. Give me a shout if you want the challenge, and the cash lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. RE your idea for a one handed firesteel i think you will find it has already been done, i have been using one for years to light welding torches and blowlamps, available from most welding equipment suppliers. Admittedly they do not look aesthetic so there could be some improvement there, hope you are successful, :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You're going to have to consider all the metal cooling down any sparks though…….I have a brass friction pump that I can't get to work because it makes things too cold too quickly.

M

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's a posh version of the little pilot's survival kit sparklite thing I have :)
Mine comes in a neat wee matchbox sized case that holds the cotton tinders too.

M

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I got something via tapatalk which doesn't work for me so I no longer use it. If you want to PM me please use the PM on this site.

Cheers

Grebby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE