Caingorm Midge Report?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
We off up to the Caingorns backpacking for the week and wondered what the midge conditions are like at the moment.

The Midge Forecast site has not been updated this year.

We've packed the mosi headnets and DEET and MosiMilk and Skin So Soft are on the shopping list. :)

I found this little Gem but I'd don't think it will be an option if i want to sleep inside the tent.
"Last summer, scientists at Aberdeen University revealed that people suffering from particularly bad body odour were less likely to suffer from the midges' attention."

Cheers
Stu

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
I was in Laggan at the beginning of the month and they were around but not actually biting. I would assume by now they have built up an appetite :yikes:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Yup, they had just started nibbling at the end of the Loch Chon meet up at the end of April. Last weekend they were out with a vengeance, I was out just north of Chon and had to resort to a head net when setting up the hammock.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
sorry this is sort of off-topic etc...
does anyone find a hearty diet of chilli and garlic helps?
I'm trying to balance out the pro's and cons of eating lots of it on a walking trip to Scotland this Autumn...trouble is i want to take plenty of photo's and track as many different things as I can, and not stinking like a kebab house would help...
most likely stick to the porridge and slap on plenty repellent...just wondered if anyone else had noticed if it worked that well?
cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE