Buzzards ?

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Had these circling above me most of the time on Scales moor
birdsmewing.jpg

they were little more than dark silhouettes to the eye and never came lower than seen top right (insert on telephoto).The main blown up didgitaly. They were making a constant Mewing noise as they circled round and round probably on the heat thermals rising from the Clints as it was quite warm in the sun
cheers all Danny

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep.

This time of year they start their courtship flights that often include quite dramatic stooping from high up - I love watching them but I'm lucky enough to have them flying outside my office (home) window :)

I still never tire of them.

Cheers,

Broch

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
agreed

common buzzard

I love them too remember seeing them a lot in France as a kid but not much in the UK. It's great to see this birds population showing such a good recovery in the last 10 years.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
There's four in the woods at the back of me, frollicking and squeeing. Sometimes we get on sitting on the telegraph pole opposite the bedroom window.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I had the good fortune to be visited by a kestrel today at work! This no more than a mile away from the M1, it was a very pleasant place, quite quiet and we were putting in a sand martin bank to encourage sand martins to stay in the area. I have seen lots of buzzards in the Midlands area, they seem to be creeping north though so I hope to see more of them over the coming years.

My area has a massive population, some Gamekeepers despair over them , but we have had no problems at all, We feed them rabbits, and they leave the pheasants alone. It's very common to see 10 or more in a huge spiral.

Our problem is tawny owls, they bite through the skulls and eat just the brains, caught them red handed (red winged then:)) doing it. They leave the rest of the pheasant carcass.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Our problem is tawny owls, they bite through the skulls and eat just the brains, caught them red handed (red winged then:)) doing it. They leave the rest of the pheasant carcass.

:eek: nasty, i thought sparrow hawks were bad!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
There getting very common here, I see them most days. Love watching them going along the valley following the thermals. The crows are always mocking them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE