Buzzard Plucking Post.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I found this Buzzard plucking post whilst out otter tracking a couple of days ago, it's covered in rabbit fur.

06072011541.jpg

06072011540.jpg

scottallan

Jul 27, 2011
liverpool
is it definatley buzzard? as a falconer, i have found it is a real challenge for a buzzard to take a rabbit as their feet are tiny. they will take the odd one or two, but they tend to opt for easy meals as to not waste energy. im not saying it isn't buzzard but i cannot see a buzzard carrying a whole rabbit to a plucking post. was there signs of other kills? if not could it just be a place were a fox, stoat etc. has enjoyed a meal?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
is it definatley buzzard? as a falconer, i have found it is a real challenge for a buzzard to take a rabbit as their feet are tiny. they will take the odd one or two, but they tend to opt for easy meals as to not waste energy. im not saying it isn't buzzard but i cannot see a buzzard carrying a whole rabbit to a plucking post. was there signs of other kills? if not could it just be a place were a fox, stoat etc. has enjoyed a meal?
Plenty of young naive rabbits about this time. Half the reason why I don't ferret until winter. The Buzz has a nest nearby too I've seen it plenty of times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE