Buying land

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
yeah, i reckon it should be £4k an acre, especially with the FC payments. bog standard arable land is around £5k an acre.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
£4k an acre sounds more like it. That planning permission suggests there might be all sorts of covenants over it too (eg you might be expected to plant the memorial wood yourself).

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
What are the FC payments Rob ? Is that like a rent or something ?

i'm not completely sure about this but i reckon the FC will be paying a small amount to the landowner for maintenance/ stewardship.

might be worth calling the seller, if it really is £4k for the lot and it has a maintenance payment I'll buy it myself before the end of the day on my credit card!!! ;)

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I saw an advert like that round here 8 acres for £10k........yeah an acre!
£38k for a few acres of wood here......bet you it will be for sale still this time next year!
D

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
its so expensive most can only afford if they are lucky a few acres. I have been looking about and price range is normally a boggy wood next to a motorway surrounded by farmland or housing. Ideally it would be:

Few acres set in several thousand acres of ancient woodland.
Miles away from any road.
River running through it.
Few lakes as well.

All for under a few thousand ;)

Oh and all rights for fires, building etc.

He he.

Anyone have this please PM!!!

wildman695

Forager
Jun 17, 2009
Ilfracombe, Devon
The guide price is the price per acre if bought as a whole, it will increase dramatically for the recreational land to as much as £10k an acre, I can only assume uni students are getting too much money these days. As an intelligent UNI student he will have done his homework and realise that. FC stands for Forrestry commision, put in place to make sure sufficient timber for pit props was grown in this country during the war. We no longer have a mining community needing pit props so generally the forrestry commission is supurfolous to requirements.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Well if the guide price is per acre, I hate to think how much the woodland near me on that site which is either £2m or £3m for similar total acreage is.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE