Busy Morning

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Busy morning today got a Birch eating spoon that i started the other day finished;

aDSCN8623bw.jpg

aDSCN8629bw.jpg

then roughed out four medieval style cooking spoons from Willow

aDSCN8657bw.jpg

and then roughed out a small eating spoon from an off cut of the same Willow log.

aDSCN8642bw.jpg

aDSCN8645bw.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers chaps

@Mike, yup, i quite like that one too, amazing the difference a radial split makes to the wood.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers guys.

@Dave - hopefully by the time it has dried and been finished it will look a lot better than it currently does.

@Red - Couldn't agree more

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its funny when you think of it, a completely round bowl on a cooking spoon makes no sense at all. It makes it hard to scrape anything which is "sticking" off the base of a pan, you cannot get into the angle of the wall and base of a pan when stirring and when serving, its hard to "shovel up" food like rice when you get to the last portion. It makes some sense in an eating spoon as it fits into the mouth more easily, but none for a cooking utensil.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
lolol...the back of that is pure grace m8

s

I agree, it is, even though there are visble facets and planes, the over all form is solid and done with conviction. I'm still trying to decide wether a sanded or unsanded finish really is best:confused:
I have used willow quite a lot, I got some tons of cricket bat willow from Lopham Fen, some of it cuts from the base of the tree, with ripplled figuring, a lot denser than willow usually is

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
DID HE SAY SANDED FINISH!!!! quick kep, another one, grab him!! lol

s

I agree, it is, even though there are visble facets and planes, the over all form is solid and done with conviction. I'm still trying to decide wether a sanded or unsanded finish really is best:confused:
I have used willow quite a lot, I got some tons of cricket bat willow from Lopham Fen, some of it cuts from the base of the tree, with ripplled figuring, a lot denser than willow usually is

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE