Busse knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ive used 3V, and Elmax it will be interesting to see how infi compares....

Would it be easy to remove the handle and sand it down to a satin finish?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
There are a few folk that have done it. The handle tubes are flared so you will need to drill them out enough to slide out before you can get the handle off. If you're careful you can get away with not damaging the original scales though.

The coating will come off with nitromors but probably hides a rough finish underneath. It would be worth it for better performance but take some sanding to get it smooth once clean!

I think the INFI is one of those unknowns really. If I remember correctly it's a Busse only steel - aka they've branded another steel as their own and can change it to another without anyone knowing, kinda like the Stig. :D

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Yeah, I'm a tad suspicious of a steel when they won't tell you what's in it.
Like buying food in a supermarket when they won't list what's in it either...
Design looks good but the substance is a mystery.

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
I've aways admired Busse knives from afar. Certainly Busse knives are strong, tough knives and the inf steel with the way its heat treated adds to the robustness and overall edge holding. They will take all the abuse anyone can throw at them. They also have their very own style and build quality.
However, I been tempted to buy one but never have because I don't get it. The bigger models are tanks. The smaller still too much steel. All too heavy and chunky build for my tastes. If you can control the heft of such knives then great, but I can't.
They have a huge following and second hand values hold well, rare models even demand a premium.

I mean by not getting it, that I question quite how effective and efficient they are at work. They might be pretty unbreakable but are they any good as a user knife??? I don't know, but when I've handled some they didn't feel right for me. I couldn't work out how I could manage them and get the utility I like in a blade.

(Like many things, the hype and vocal enthusiasts doesn't mean much if its all wrong for you; and a lot of noise is just that: noise. Raving about BNIB means nought. I aso question some of the reviews given and most are contrived to prove what a great purchasing choice has been made, than how good they are for extended work.)

Anyhow, if you fancy one, why not? I just couldn't justify one... haven't found one that suits my needs.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
They aren't for everyone. If you need to take wood and form it into a shelter though then they are very very good indeed. You can also harvest deer and do feathersticks if you change the standard grind.

I like mine. I'm happy :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What do you use them for? Seems to be too big for normal knife use and too small to whack flora?

Well there are all your cuts, for notches for various applications, most of the stuff I would need it for, I could use it. Err, have to see. Havent got it yet. :)

And I like whacking stuff, and when a predatory bear comes a callin, I reckon i could take it with that. :D :joke:

Its a zombie appocalypse knife.

Company: Busse Combat

Model: BWM-Bush Whacker Mistress

Edition: Combat Grade

Blade Steel: "INFI"

Blade Length: 10.5"

OAL overal length: 16.5"

blade thickness: .204"

Grind:Convex

Edge: V

It'd be good for some of the huge cod you catch up there in the lofoten islands, beautiful looking fishing trips they are. :)

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
It'd be good for some of the huge cod you catch up there in the lofoten islands, beautiful looking fishing trips they are. :)

If I knew how to post photos from my Ipad I would show you the beauty. The fish is not so big now, the Skrei season ended many months ago. But my son got a Sei ( saithe?) of about 5 kilos two days ago, and myself a cod around 10 kilos. That is big for summer. For me at least!
Loads of Macketel though, but my gallbladder does not like too much of those.
We will place a bottom line tonight.
Halibut is the target.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE